Model Cars Magazine Forum

MENG 1/12 GT40 Mark II ??

vamach1

• 2 months later...
5 hours ago, cobraman said:

I got that GT 40 (magnifier )a month or so ago. It has the decals to do the blue car. Did the Trumpeter kit ( same kit ) include those ??

It only had the #2 decals.  Someone on Ebay sells the other MKII # decals for about $20.

Interesting to see that there is no Ford License, but they managed to get the F O R D decals as seperate letters and only mention the decalnumbers in the instructions, without showing the letters.

I am wondering if there is still lettering on the tyres as well, in the 1999 picture it appears to be blank sidewalls, but it is hard to tell.

• 1 month later...
On 7/25/2020 at 7:46 AM, The Creative Explorer said:

Interesting to see that there is no Ford License, but they managed to get the F O R D decals as seperate letters and only mention the decalnumbers in the instructions, without showing the letters.

I am wondering if there is still lettering on the tyres as well, in the 1999 picture it appears to be blank sidewalls, but it is hard to tell.

Yes they did The Goodyear decals are in the box !

9 hours ago, Jordan White said:

I suppose there has been no more word on this kit that I could see? 

I did read recently that the Meng kit is scheduled for release next year.  Meng themselves have not provided any updates on the situation.

Edited by Roncla

• 2 weeks later...

I have the Magnifier kit as well. Been slowly getting into it this past week after sitting on it for a few months. I have looked at all the sprues and have gotten as far as priming the body. Haven't opened anything else up but so far so good in terms of quality. I've read that the original Trumpeter kits had some fitment issues with doors and engine covers needing slight re-alignments, but this one seems to line up pretty well out of the box.

fgt2-1.jpg.0e3def746adf3085bef5eed421c8e10c.jpg

fgt2-3.jpg.d148d8cd435db2304ddac436d671bf12.jpg

11 hours ago, himynameisgreg1 said:

I have the Magnifier kit as well. Been slowly getting into it this past week after sitting on it for a few months. I have looked at all the sprues and have gotten as far as priming the body. Haven't opened anything else up but so far so good in terms of quality. I've read that the original Trumpeter kits had some fitment issues with doors and engine covers needing slight re-alignments, but this one seems to line up pretty well out of the box.

fgt2-1.jpg.0e3def746adf3085bef5eed421c8e10c.jpg

fgt2-3.jpg.d148d8cd435db2304ddac436d671bf12.jpg

I'm still waiting on a few after market  parts to show up ,before I start my car !

33 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

I'm still waiting on a few after market  parts to show up ,before I start my car !

Cool, looking forward to seeing progress! I would love to do a super detail kit soon but not sure this should be my first one. This kit has over 3x the part count as the other 6 models I've done haha. Might be a little in over my head but just gonna take my time and hope for the best.

29 minutes ago, himynameisgreg1 said:

Cool, looking forward to seeing progress! I would love to do a super detail kit soon but not sure this should be my first one. This kit has over 3x the part count as the other 6 models I've done haha. Might be a little in over my head but just gonna take my time and hope for the best.

KA models does a Super detail kit for this GT 40 kit ,but it's not cheap .http://ka-models.co.kr/?product=gt40-super-detail-up-etched-part

• 4 weeks later...

Some more details have been released by Meng. More pics are posted on their Facebook page.

MENG announced the plan of releasing model kits of the legendary Ford GT40 officially licensed by Ford Motor Company in 2019. Since then, we have received countless feedback from modellers and auto racing enthusiasts from all over the world. After the study and tests by the MENG team for almost one year, the first Ford GT40 product will be available soon.

This first product, RS-002 Ford GT40 Mk.II ’66, is a 1/12 scale model kit prepared for modellers. It has all the features of a classic plastic assembly model kit.

Beside the large size of the car which offers great visual impact, you will get more from this RS-002 model kit. Our design team hopes to present more details and more realistic experience in this large scale model.

This MENG RS-002 Ford GT40 Mk.II ’66 features not only an impressive size, but also unparalleled fine details. More exciting news will be revealed later.

121489332_3447588532021113_6762703419186