Model Cars Magazine Forum

Moebius/Model king 65' Plymouth AWB box art

Mr mopar

Saw the completed cars at a show outside Indy this weekend. Get ready to spend money, they are gorgeous ! As for the Chevy 2, the problem is GM prefers to have only one liscense holder at a time. This was told to.me by Mobious rep.

Edited by Racephoto1
Add sentence

25 minutes ago, Vince Nemanic said:

You should  have asked the Moebius rep to explain how Revell and AMT manage to both have GM kits in their inventories. I think he was pulling your leg.

Per Burket these kits will land before Christmas. Get your orders in now! 

Licensing is the most costly and difficult part of manufacturing today. You can't get a OK until you have product to show.....you can't have product until you know you will get a OK......The stories I could tell.....but they'd just get me into trouble.  

1 hour ago, Vince Nemanic said:

You should  have asked the Moebius rep to explain how Revell and AMT manage to both have GM kits in their inventories. I think he was pulling your leg.

I see no discrepancy here. It might be that Revell and Round2 (AMT) are all the license holders GM wants at this time. They may not want to hassle with another deal, no matter what the product. And, it is equally possible that other, than 2 or 3 people at Moebuis, nobody else knows what the true story is.

My attitude towards more and more Model Kit news, is "It'll get here when it gets here". And not One Day sooner. Even though I am on record as being ready for the new Revell Land Rover LWB kit to be here Tomorrow, I can only wait like everybody else. Revell will not be sending me one because I want it more than everybody else. Same with all new kits. I can only support Round2, Revell, Moebuis, ect, with my wallet, when the kits are for sale. Until then, I just have to wait.

3 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Licensing is the most costly and difficult part of manufacturing today. You can't get a OK until you have product to show.....you can't have product until you know you will get a OK......The stories I could tell.....but they'd just get me into trouble.  

I will be looking to be at least a half dozen, maybe more

11 hours ago, Vince Nemanic said:

The statement was that GM wants only ONE license holder at a time, yet it already has TWO! The statement was NOT that it didn't want another license holder. Currently having two license holders is a contradiction of the Moebius rep's statement.

Three actually, since Salvinos JR holds a GM license for the NASCAR kits they're producing which at this point are ALL GM products.

Edit - Four if the license is still active with whatever is currently left of Galaxie Limited...

Five if the license is still active at Meng to produce the Hummer H1...

Edited by niteowl7710

17 hours ago, Dave Van said:

Does anybody have them for preorder yet?

I'm not doubting the difficulty of getting licensing. But it has now been shown that there are as many as five current GM licensees, so the statement that GM only allows one license at a time is incorrect. If GM only allowed ONE licensee, then the other multiple licenses would not exist, and we could not buy GM models from any other model company but one. The person that claimed to be a Mobius rep (if he really was one) was lying to dodge the question about the Novas. 

Edited by Vince Nemanic

No, Vince, he was not Lying!!

He may have been politely deflecting the Question. He may have been repeating what he was told by others. He may have just made it up on the fly.

Neither you nor I know, we were not there. But assuming the worst from company reps, who are just trying to help, is a great way to get the whole community a bad name.

Why not just take the exchange at face value, and not sweat the details. One Lic or Five. Does it really Matter? None of this will get the kit here any faster. (sigh)

2 hours ago, alexis said:

No, Vince, he was not Lying!!

He may have been politely deflecting the Question. He may have been repeating what he was told by others. He may have just made it up on the fly.

Neither you nor I know, we were not there. But assuming the worst from company reps, who are just trying to help, is a great way to get the whole community a bad name.

Why not just take the exchange at face value, and not sweat the details. One Lic or Five. Does it really Matter? None of this will get the kit here any faster. (sigh)

It won't get the kit here any faster, but it's also purposely telling a falsehood. If you can pretend that there's only one active GM licensee at any given point, and Revell just reissued the Buick GN/GNX and '65 Impala in the past week (not to mention Monte Carlo SS last month) - you'd be implying Moebius has to wait for that licensee to expire before they could release the Novas.  That would be at LEAST 3 years based on the duration of past Revell licensing cycles  (thank you Bankruptcy Filing paperwork). 

People need to understand sometimes it's O.K. to just say "I don't know" to questions rather than making up a story on the fly.

Edited by niteowl7710

• 2 weeks later...

Dose any body know if this will be a limited release? Because my local hobby store had a hard time getting the Dyno Don Comet and they told me that because it was a limited release they had to use a different distributor I’m in Canada I’m not sure if it’s different for people in the US

Edited by drag racer 15

13 hours ago, drag racer 15 said:

Dose any body know if this will be a limited release? Because my local hobby store had a hard time getting the Dyno Don Comet and they told me that because it was a limited release they had to use a different distributor I’m in Canada I’m not sure if it’s different for people in the US

Yes all Model King kits are done in smaller runs that what Moebius would do for their own kits. Your LHS had to use a different supplier most likely because Dave Burkett is the one selling the kits, not Moebius so fulfillment wouldn't be the same.

32 minutes ago, niteowl7710 said:

Yes all Model King kits are done in smaller runs that what Moebius would do for their own kits. Your LHS had to use a different supplier most likely because Dave Burkett is the one selling the kits, not Moebius so fulfillment wouldn't be the same.

This will be a Model King release and yes distribution with go through them.  That doesn't necessarily mean a smaller run then a straight Moebius release.   There are minimum and maximum amounts of kits that can be ordered, produced and shipped at one time.  Dave Burket can order a full run if he chooses or less same as any Moebius release.  The distribution is the biggest difference.  Production orders for any of the Moebius kit are typically based on sales predictions regardless of the how they are distributed.  

Steve

On 11/20/2019 at 7:13 PM, SteveG said:

This will be a Model King release and yes distribution with go through them.  That doesn't necessarily mean a smaller run then a straight Moebius release.   There are minimum and maximum amounts of kits that can be ordered, produced and shipped at one time.  Dave Burket can order a full run if he chooses or less same as any Moebius release.  The distribution is the biggest difference.  Production orders for any of the Moebius kit are typically based on sales predictions regardless of the how they are distributed.  

Steve

Does anyone have any pictures of this kit?

On 11/25/2019 at 8:26 AM, 66c10 said:

Does anyone have any pictures of this kit?

From my coverage of the NNL Motor City a few weeks ago (see my post under Contests and Shows folder below)

DSC 0717

This is the test shot buildup by Steve Goldman.  The decals shown are aftermarket; the kit's decals will be similar.  

DSC 0720

IIRC our conversation at the show, the kit is in the final stages of prepping prior to production go-ahead.  Probably on sale Q1 2020.   

DSC 0723

Hope that helps.  TIM 

PS - Alternate build version (also in the same kit) show below....TB 

DSC 0722

DSC 0721