Model Cars Magazine Forum

Koenigsegg Agera RS

Johannes.Gunnarson

Hi!

I just want to share a project that I am currently working on. Earlier this year I went to a 3d printing meetup here in Sweden where I met a guy who had designed a fully 3d printed (and driveable) Koenigsegg Agera RS model. I got the files and after a lot of printing and sanding/filling/painting I'm almost done. 

It is built just like a real Koenigsegg, with the monocoque in the middle with all of the seperate panels mounted to that.
RFrSYcPH5y3ci0SD8NqWAGa9ZRocg_wSqRlW0kPcWR-RAi9PoEAzxsFx3T8NFpooz6em1XoYwnl9pISl0z2sjcYYA8A3qPz_wKMU4HYbpBlzvj7GZ0cJFZfbBRqu8HKzb5QUjaQkSt_jv_U3F9olTGq6CG4dcb0sUHKRx0iCYy_jFjulHs1vBkiZPt3AYlejL-M-LL-6EvqQrjVQ9qsoPNy8ScFvRhoxHLVf99awSQ3O-8-cXe1cXBVQp3T3ZzmzKcHaVB9sXRNjyfHKpYNfo0V0t74lWjjftlj_ss6gJ9jZ-TF9LIB8tJlleuRqAAj_iQScLX2y1BksPIknBz5VsOTkInaPz81AsNEpwIcxSgnMi4jllDMuwo-apvQBPrWcZIgyqCUOasB9cQPUyeBaRH9uKMF2P-sS3As13Me_xYTvwEED1mCwvuYob4QmT7nYoZavq6ES2urUnfiGKjq9pMc7UXLH9Qx1NG7hTu3Z6oB50wUjLdCyw9UxcflBRRRax_-QeU6LkiGzkX7ZuQbt6kaE6Ju87yT26RBUe-XjRyhU8ULXwTBWijnZUaNYB1jc_yLVFozCrZtKkBYHuhnnqVX4Wqa7vs7MLrly6AYcXkC_5w7Sft9XhIhXuQWh92kFWsXj0AHUyghSjDAe5s-4fREfgkGMogfWpM-Z8MYWfZPlR5b7_aAhLuAXRkYHB1KloTfrDbQrfJVobuol3BkP6kRFILrggQQCsLDO10aWC7ttYuNu=w1690-h952-no

This is the car when I test fitted all of the panels.
hmhkHSHCROJ_lRMlylwhlzotaNVZ1LgXA20TNBkRMCQFKUKZqEUDf8d86qGB7Ikt-DVKvfU3ZnkCpMCmXHC1ngysm-wwkrNNmK3A3D_SJUwT3Fhpi-rjLPfNH80a9JDQjYZtSF-2qWABCMx_D9ImTs7El63n1GAiDMsnntw2RKrjYENsCDljpCmRx6ElfHTXpKkwXLLnc_8GeI9tzIM6MC04EpTsprpRZVL9_0hgm8RUEHBIRaDWOhsbXcowlfO_V9Vll3eVtTmuESbeckMM5nK3q2xrlW7qnNoNGPWVY32wstKChfh05whPJd7eRw1t-Zu0e4JscdOEsSZMhKFapIO8H-l27yZtMIGt4pnp14Dpn2JRfxPqhHih9Df4I71D62OKsSo5Ua7LENXTJGIsPm3B71NDHvhxrde8kUpvrXSMe0rMn4FyMSCPOEgbwEiBBjarBVXujVW1YSuOj73brRh_GAmn_y_Ug87KLXiVGRHQeFSBjc4Oo1sssr7867fLSo1gdUTvE16spc_IGxa1XisrEgichWsVJ6xpQMdBNtW2wWfWkdhZbEli7Hz0JnsQgafh5TbV7Lbp6KGTH--TriEjkeB85Q9GFPACPkyQ7x9ByiTFXxOQs2ujLMgoyIdh5vfoD1r6el0zaS1PXQ-Ccv4b9Q536MgQeDLZ95NvZdiWS5J-Cxmmo0NmwsDQTON1y28u8pY-rNOkvIRWSSJ9pI86ON8upWQi-OI-O9zbH6i9M9Jt=w1920-h813-no

I spend a lot of work on the paint. I have used normal spray paint and laquer from rattle cans. If you spend time on prep and polishing afterwards you can get a pretty good finish!
csWFz9WQX7JNFvryy9DI_IOu-eDjn3wcqnVxF86f

I will make another post when the model is finished in a couple of weeks!

If you want to follow my build process you can do it here (on the designers forum): http://depronized.com/board/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=89

• 2 weeks later...

Wow! This looks amazing. Went through your build thread, and I am impressed.

Couple of questions. 

Roughly what scale is this one?

How much to you estimate this "kit" will cost you? Materials, image/layout files, etc.

I'm, interested to see where costs are to print a kit of this quality. 

:)

19 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Wow! This looks amazing. Went through your build thread, and I am impressed.

Couple of questions. 

Roughly what scale is this one?

How much to you estimate this "kit" will cost you? Materials, image/layout files, etc.

I'm, interested to see where costs are to print a kit of this quality. 

:)

Hello! Thank you. 

I believe this is a 1:10 scale model.

The files (for the 3d model) are very cheap in this case, the author doesn't have a specific price, only "donations". So from 1$ to whatever you like. 

It's quite hard to estimate the cost, but I would guess somewhere around 25$ in 3d printing filament. 25$ for filler, paint and clear coat. 10$ for the gold leaf. 10$ for glue, epoxy. 

So the total would be around 70$ in my case. I might have forgotten something, but at least under 100$.

Wow. That's not a bad price at all.

Now of course one needs the printer, and in looking at the quality of your parts, I'm guessing you have a high quality printer, not a cheap one.

Still, it looks like 3D printing is becoming more and more affordable, which is a good thing!

Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

5 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Wow. That's not a bad price at all.

Now of course one needs the printer, and in looking at the quality of your parts, I'm guessing you have a high quality printer, not a cheap one.

Still, it looks like 3D printing is becoming more and more affordable, which is a good thing!

Looking forward to seeing more of this build!

Thank you for the positivity! 

This model was actually printed 90% by a "cheap" Chinese printer. The Wanhao Duplicator i3, for about 300$

I've since upgraded to a more expensive Prusa I3, but you pay more for reliability than print quality, which is similar to the old Chinese printer.

You can get great print quality from cheap Chinese printers for example the Creality printers. Even the resin printers are becoming cheap and those are awesome for our hobby with all the small detailed parts. I will wait a while before I get one of those though as the cheap ones still seem to be a bit unreliable.

This is an amazing project. I just read through the build thread on Depronized. Surely 3d printing is the future of this hobby. With higher resolution, I'd love to see 1/24 and 1/25 become feasible. 

Love to see more progress on the Koenigsegg.