Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cars in Songs

7 hours ago, Straightliner59 said:

"One looked like a can full of worms, the next one looked like malaria germs..."

Sammy Hagar has "Trans Am" and, of course, "I can't drive 55". While it's not a car, UFO's "Can You Roll Her" mentions a Vincent Black Shadow. Neil Peart's inspiration for "The Red Barchetta" came from a short story entitled "A Nice Sunday Drive" in Road & Track, I believe. I have read the story, I just can't recall which magazine it ran in. I would mess my drawers, if I ever saw anyone doing Rush, for karaoke! Good job, by you!

I wouldn't try Sammy Hager, would trash my throat!  I've also done The Cars, Drive.  "When I drive you home..." counts, I hope.

Continuing with the Caddy theme..."Gonna ride to your funeral, Daddy, in a black Cadillac."  Joyce Green was only 19 yrs old when she cut this awesome piece of rockabilly in 1959. It was her only hit and virtually her only record. She seems to have been influenced by an earlier car song, "Going to Your Funeral in a V-8 Ford." Written by blues singer Buddy Moss and recorded by many artists.

Rosilita - Bruce Springsteen (" And my tires were slashed and I almost crashed, but the Lord had mercy
And my machine, she's a dud, out stuck in the mud somewhere in the swamps of Jersey.")

Some Else's Cadillac - Eric Heatherly

One Headlight - Wall Flowers

Black Devil Car - Jamiraquai

Fast In My Car - Paramore