Model Cars Magazine Forum

Not your Grandpa's '61 Comet!

Plowboy

It may look like it. But, it ain't!

I built this a few years ago using an original promo and a Revell '64 T-Bolt. The promo supplied the body and interior. The T-Bolt supplied the rest. The interior was cut apart, reworked and glued to the T-Bolt floor pan. Paint is Krylon Red and Model Masters Wimbledon White. The chassis got the frame rails tied together and an X brace added. It got a moderate weathering. The engine is from the T-Bolt with Mercury valve covers and details added. The body got the underhood core from the T-Bolt grafted in. I opened and hinged the trunk. Paint is Model Masters Wimbledon White. This is the thinnest paint job I've ever accomplished. Only three coats. I wanted a survivor finish. So, I sanded it smooth and gave it a light polish. Modelhaus supplied all of the chrome pieces. 

48948398718_2f693a8b22_b.jpg

48948391073_298533022f_b.jpg

48948384933_a593d37eb3_b.jpg

48948922766_83512950db_b.jpg

48949114842_e73fa4055a_b.jpg

48948368048_7b2676de17_b.jpg

48948365698_c1a542f9bf_b.jpg

48948361348_5a02d2fd0d_b.jpg

48948902116_e063d615ea_b.jpg

48948897791_6b062e27f0_b.jpg

48948351198_c13896b44b_b.jpg 

Thanx for checking it out! Any questions, just ask. 

That is a real sleeper. The Comet portion is very clean looking and a great looking paint job. The addition of the T-Bolt parts really set this apart on so many ways. In real life this would have been a terror on the drag strip or the street. 

15 minutes ago, espo said:

That is a real sleeper. The Comet portion is very clean looking and a great looking paint job. The addition of the T-Bolt parts really set this apart on so many ways. In real life this would have been a terror on the drag strip or the street. 

Exactly what I was gonna say!! Top Shelf work, all the way!

Great build, fit under hood full sleeper too. Side windows and glass perfect, Future on Acetate/kit windshield, or all acetate? Comet trim on C-pillar had tiny red comet on round part, I recall. But chrome/foil perfect anyway. I'm in awe. 

Just killer, family member had one I rode in ages ago, neat car. 

Edited by DukeE

10 hours ago, DukeE said:

Great build, fit under hood full sleeper too. Side windows and glass perfect, Future on Acetate/kit windshield, or all acetate? Comet trim on C-pillar had tiny red comet on round part, I recall. But chrome/foil perfect anyway. I'm in awe. 

Just killer, family member had one I rode in ages ago, neat car. 

Thanx! The windshield and rear glass are original. The side windows are acetate. I figured that emblem had to have a color on it. But, I never could find it online. Every one I saw was blank. I guess over time they just faded out. Thanx for the info! I can fix that issue easily. I'm also going to fix the crooked front bumper. I just dread cutting it loose from the grille.