Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Rex White car, truck, and trailer

MarkJ

46 minutes ago, yellowsportwagon said:

Oh man Mark, this is sweet!!! 

I can imagine it would be a slow trip though. Better stuff a 409 in that truck.

Thanks, Tim. I know what you mean. I was going to put a 348 in it but after my research I found that that was not an option in the 30 series apache. they had 2  235 6 bangers as the only engines available for it. You had to go to 70 series to get the 348.

5 hours ago, '70 Grande said:

Stunning builds! I've watched the progress on that 30 Series Apache and to now see it teamed-up with the race car and trailer completes the deal; all incredible replicas!

Wow,  Mark. I thought the wip was pretty much hidden where I did it. Glad you liked following along. It was a fun build.

4 hours ago, bbowser said:

Two outstanding replicas!  I love the 6-banger in the truck.  How much work was it to convert the Impala side trim?  Nicely done.

Bruce, to tell you the truth, I don't remember too much about the Impala build. I built it twelve years ago. that's why the paint doesn't match the gold trailer. I don't even remember what gold paint I used on it back then. I used Tamiya on the trailer. I've always wanted to do this project when I saw the picture but I had to wait till this summer when amt re-issued the apache 10 kit.

7 hours ago, MarkJ said:

Thanks, Tim. I know what you mean. I was going to put a 348 in it but after my research I found that that was not an option in the 30 series apache. they had 2  235 6 bangers as the only engines available for it. You had to go to 70 series to get the 348.

Man have light trucks come along way. Just since the 90s when they finally started giving them some power 

14 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

This is a great build. That 6 in the truck is fine. The roads back than were not the super speedways we have now. I have driven a Chevy truck with a 6 in it hauling a load of pumpkins that weighted more than a couple of ton and had no trouble getting to 55. 

Andy, thanks for the reply. I'm sure it probably had a pretty good granny gear in it. Getting good gas mileage  seemed to be at a premium back then. 

Edited by MarkJ

Dannnng Mark....What a great looking Race team Replica build!!! I haven't seen you in the other places in awhile. Wondered how things are going. But seeing this OUTSTANDING work (as you always do)...my simple question has been answered. Question??? what did you use for the tarp tie downs. They look like bungy(sp?) cords for sure....