Model Cars Magazine Forum

1976 Caprice custom Lowrider W.I.P.

Trendsetta68

Interesting idea to cover the rear side windows. Looking at your picture of the body it looks as if you're going to change the shape of the "B" pillar. If that's your intent you might want to consider how that would effect the back edge of the door line. The door glass would have to descend into the door jam based on the line you have drawn.   

5 hours ago, espo said:

Interesting idea to cover the rear side windows. Looking at your picture of the body it looks as if you're going to change the shape of the "B" pillar. If that's your intent you might want to consider how that would effect the back edge of the door line. The door glass would have to descend into the door jam based on the line you have drawn.   

Awesome  ... yes I like the side profile of the '73 better..... so I'm changing this '76 Caprice up a little bit  ..... ???

The taillights will also have a subtle change to them as well  ..... ???

10 hours ago, espo said:

You could always throw in a small fixed quarter glass to maintain the door window geometry, something like used on a last generation El Camino. One solution...

I like the new profile of the side windows! I'll definitely be keeping up with this build! If you don't have enough room to hinge the trunk to the tulip panel, you can hinge it to the package tray. I did it on a build a few years ago and it works just the same.

On 10/27/2019 at 1:39 AM, bisc63 said:

You could always throw in a small fixed quarter glass to maintain the door window geometry, something like used on a last generation El Camino. One solution...

I love that idea of having a fixed side glass in that smaller area  ... thanks ! ???

23 hours ago, Lowlife ! ! said:

Cool, always glad to see a lowrider being built !   Remember some of your builds from LIL forum, looking forward to seeing this Caprice come together ! 

Are you still producing the transfer sheets ?  Awesome designs,  i always planned on getting some !

Thanks a bunch  ... yep FranklinINKdecals is still kickin' ???

Do the frame which ever way looks best to you. A chrome frame would standout and even reflect any colors you might add to the under body. Painting the frame the color of the main part of the body color would blend in nicely also. It all boils down to how elaborate you want the undercarriage to be. Please keep us posted.