Model Cars Magazine Forum

1/25 Saab 900

Lownslow

Its gonna be almost a full kit Interior,glass,lenses,modernized late model 900 wheels and a simple pan chassis for cost reasons, being its my first im going to keep them curbside after that possibly do roller style casts. The cars will be aesthetically updated since factory isnt something i care much for. If this sells well the next build will be a 87/88 B2200 Mazda Truck and following that a Volkswagon SP2 thats more or less going to be designed to fit the Tamiya VW  bug  and the third release if all goes well a 80s Eldorado convertible/Riviera convertible(maybe).

wjB4hCK.jpg

• Like 2

8 hours ago, LeadSled5 said:

I've been waiting for this for a long time!!.  If you make the grill and bumpers separate, you can offer the early and late models.  Also please use the best looking wheels ever made.

saab900.JPG

8 hours ago, LeadSled5 said:

I've been waiting for this for a long time!!.  If you make the grill and bumpers separate, you can offer the early and late models.  Also please use the best looking wheels ever made.

saab900.JPG

Wont take much to make it stock but because of my main customer base the car will do better as a custom. minilites are easy to get im sticking with the 9000 3 spokes

3 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

Stock and you would of had a sale, good luck to ya.

3 hours ago, Classicgas said:

If it was stock I'd be interested. Bummer.

It was stock but it wasnt doing well with the crowds i was targeting, this is more aimed at Youngtimers

5 hours ago, matthijsgrit said:

What exactly do you mean with "aesthetically updated", concerning the SAAB? Or, what parts are not going to be stock?

Bumpers are updated and the wheels are from a Saab9000. Most of my cars will have minor customization like trim delete and smoothed bumpers 

Oh God, no! Not that grille!  Those wheel "covers" must be a murder on other cars and pedestrians! :D Once you have the design, maybe you could modify it to something more mundane? 

The Riviera is even more butchered, customized. Where did those headlights come from?  Though the paint jobs are beautiful on both.

On 10/29/2019 at 1:42 PM, LeadSled5 said:

You'd be far better off getting your hands on a 1/20 Stahlberg Saab 900, and modifying it as needed: http://www.saab-archive.com/index.php?p=saab-car-models_spezific&table=car&carid=217

01310927601.jpg.bd7f49c3f1b26d8a040b0cc72094bae8.jpg

12 hours ago, peteski said:

Oh God, no! Not that grille!  Those wheel "covers" must be a murder on other cars and pedestrians! :D Once you have the design, maybe you could modify it to something more mundane? 

The Riviera is even more butchered, customized. Where did those headlights come from?  Though the paint jobs are beautiful on both.

Theyre both eldogs it all depends because hes putting all the money up for it thats something that doesnt happen in the hobby often. The riviera will be pretty close to stock compared to the eldorado

That is a subject that *could* be tempting, too bad the crazy factory wheels won't be included.  IMO doing factory stock would open up the market, whatever custom things can be sold separate and added, just like the real thing.  These were popular for rally racing too, plenty of aftermarket wheel/tires that could be used.  I also didn't know the young generation was into these, thought the VW Bug was the popular choice.  More power to you, and do well!

• 2 years later...
On 10/29/2019 at 6:17 AM, Lownslow said:

Its gonna be almost a full kit Interior,glass,lenses,modernized late model 900 wheels and a simple pan chassis for cost reasons, being its my first im going to keep them curbside after that possibly do roller style casts. The cars will be aesthetically updated since factory isnt something i care much for. If this sells well the next build will be a 87/88 B2200 Mazda Truck and following that a Volkswagon SP2 thats more or less going to be designed to fit the Tamiya VW  bug  and the third release if all goes well a 80s Eldorado convertible/Riviera convertible(maybe).

wjB4hCK.jpg

did the sp2 ever happen?