Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can I get a replacement part?

Hi,

Well, the Revell 1990 5.0 Mustang "Drag Car" was coming along beautifully, and I got to the point of applying the suspension/steering components.  While I thought I had all the parts cleaned up and painted, I realized I had not taken part # 30, the front sway bar off the sprue.

As you could guess, the thing snapped in two, even though I used nippers to remove it.  While often these things can be repaired, I could not do it with this.

This front sway bar is part # 30, and identical with Revell's kit 4195 ('90 Mustang Drag Racer) and kit 4252 ('90 Mustang 2 in 1- police version).

So I got on Revell's site and submitted a plea for a replacement.  The site indicated they were "swamped" and it would be a week before I got a reply.  Well, its been longer than that and my hope is failing.

I realize this part will likely never be noticed as missing, but its driving me nuts.  Anyone have any idea on where/how to secure one?

Thank you,

Bill Anderson

25 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

Then scratch build from some small diameter stryrene rod.

I agree, I would get some small rod and make one. You can take the old one, whatever if left of it and trace the shape on paper, then use the rod and a candle to heat it and bend it to match the shape of the original. Even if you screw up 5-6 of them it will take less time and money than locating one. Small rod is dirt cheap and it should only take a few minutes to make it. 

Edited by Oldmopars

3 hours ago, Oldmopars said:

I agree, I would get some small rod and make one. You can take the old one, whatever if left of it and trace the shape on paper, then use the rod and a candle to heat it and bend it to match the shape of the original. Even if you screw up 5-6 of them it will take less time and money than locating one. Small rod is dirt cheap and it should only take a few minutes to make it. 

If you order some from the guy on eBay you don't have to heat it, works great!