Model Cars Magazine Forum

"Swoopy Coup" Pro-Street Style '40 Ford DeLuxe Coupe

tim boyd

This is my "swoopy coop" buildup from the pages of Street Rodder magazine's Modeler's Corner nearly 40 years ago.  

The "404" error is preventing me from copying the text from my Fotki site that explains the features of the model and the story behind it, so I guess you'll need to click on the link below to see the text plus some additional pictures.....

DSC 0187

DSC 0192

DSC 0197

DSC 0194

DSC 0189

DSC 0200

More pictures posted here along with build details and the back story behind the model....and thanks for looking....TIM

Edited by tim boyd

Nothing finer than a fat-fendered FORD and you have done this one justice.  Amazingly it is also got Blue-Oval power under the hood, not some rinky-dink SBC.  As the others have said the color combination really sets it back to another era of hot-rodding.

This is one of the best looking '40 I've seen in a long time. The paint finish and color are finished nice and smooth. The color and flams really work well with this body style. I like how you redid the chassis and suspension. This should be displayed on top of a mirror to show off the Chassis. Nice to see a Ford in a Ford.  

For those of you that didn't go to the link, just a heads-up that those flames were actually decals from the original "Scotty's Muffler" Monogram '55 Ford pickup kit circa late 1970's.  The paint was straight Testors Gloss Black enamel from the can (no polishing, waxing, or …..), before the formula was changed into today's more problematic product.   

Thanks for the comments, guys.  Best Regards....TIM