Model Cars Magazine Forum
Jim H.

Will we ever see the Monogram S-10 again?

This is a great kit, IMO.

I know that the (very similar and equally great) Syclone kit was re-issued around 2010 or so. Am I correct that the S-10 has been dormant since the lowrider 3 'n 1 version, 20 years ago?

Think we will ever see it re-issued? The AMT Sonoma re-issue made me think that now would be a welcome time for it.

MONO-2434-2.jpg

MONO-2434-5.jpg

I too would love to see an sten kit with tasteful custom bits. They are still a common truck and v8 swaps are a plenty in 1:1

54 minutes ago, Jim H. said:

This is a great kit, IMO.

Agreed. One of the best from soon after Revell and Monogram were united. Some pics of the original issue here: http://modelkitreviews.proboards.com/thread/25/25-monogram-93-chevy-pickup

55 minutes ago, Jim H. said:

Am I correct that the S-10 has been dormant since the lowrider 3 'n 1 version, 20 years ago?

Yes, that was the last reissue. They have been pricey on the secondary market for years, and the lowrider and original issue version pictured are the only versions which feature a stock build option-- the Waverider issue cannot be built stock.

57 minutes ago, Jim H. said:

Think we will ever see it re-issued? 

Yes, eventually. It took 26(?) years or so for the 1/24 Monogram Chevy Stepside 4x4 kit to be reissued, so I hold out some hope for the '93 S-10.

Nice kit..definitely would like to see it reissued.  Too bad they didn't also do a Blazer and a Typhoon...

I've wondered this for years. I really hope it comes back soon because the prices are crazy. I built the syclone, wave rider as a pro touring ls swap, and one of the stock ones as a s15 sonoma 4x4. I have 2 more to build and a bunch of syclone kits lol 

Anytime I post some pics on instagram I get bombarded with messages about selling the ones I have. So I believe the demand is there.

Edited by Jared Roach

20 hours ago, Casey said:

the lowrider and original issue version pictured are the only versions which feature a stock build option--

I swear I have seen one on ebay was from 1995 or 96, maybe? Boxart had the blue monogram banner, like the waverider, but the red stock s-10 with a diorama-type background. I cant seem to find a picture anywhere. Probably the same parts as the original issue.

Would be neat if they would add parts to this tool, so one can build a Baja version or backdate it to a pre-facelift model.

Just sayin'

27 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Would be neat if they would add parts to this tool, so one can build a Baja version or backdate it to a pre-facelift model.

Yes, it would be, but much like the Revell Cadillac lowrider, there's so much pent up demand for this kit, it would have no trouble selling as is.

2 minutes ago, Casey said:

Yes, it would be, but much like the Revell Cadillac lowrider, there's so much pent up demand for this kit, it would have no trouble selling as is.

I have both the original issue and the lowrider, so I'm good ;)

The old wive's tale rumors about the S-10 have always circulated around whether or not the S-10 specific inserts still exist.  The overall kit itself does because the Syclone has been reissued well after the original runs of both kits in the 90s.

I honestly think it was a poor performer both in real life and in scale, so why bring it back?

Edited by mrm

2 hours ago, mrm said:

I honestly think it was a poor performer both in real life and in scale, so why bring it back?

😄

I don't know, Mike. Those Square Body S-10's were like Roaches here in Cali. They were EVERYWHERE!  I still see a few, even now. I'd be thrilled to have the Monogram kit back.

I'll start looking on eBay for one.