Model Cars Magazine Forum

Will we ever see the Monogram S-10 again?

Jim H.

I bought an '82 brand new and it had the Isuzu 1.9L 4 cyl engine. The 1.9 & 2.0 L4 engines were used through '85, when the Iron Puke was introduced. My '88 & '91 S-10's had the 4.3L engine. If the Monogram Chevy LUV had the correct engine in it, I could replicate my '82.

13 hours ago, Jordan White said:

19 hours ago, carnut said:

I would like to see the old Monogram S10 issued as well. By the way I believe the Monogram S10 is 1/24 scale.

Nope, both the Monogram and Revell S10 kits are 1:25 (same kits actually)

I just checked, you are correct. Oh well.

• 3 weeks later...

It had a few of the intake and differential parts, but not everything. From what the box says, it sounds like it has the entire Syclone engine and drivetrain setup, but with the S10 exterior parts. I'm curious if it has any additional body parts. The nice thing is now you can actually make a 4WD version of the S10 and the wheels will be correct for this.

Edited by Jordan White

As a giant s10 fan, I'm super sad about this reissue. If I wanted to build another syclone I would from the kits I already have.

I wanted the stock non turbo 4.3 and 2wd front suspension. (Or a proper 4x4 s10 with a non turbo 4.3) I hate to complain, because its nice to have the s10 grill and bumpers back but the rest is syclone. I would have rathered they reissued the syclone instead of this hodgepodge of random s10 parts...

Literally the only thing this kit represents is the prototype syclone(that had a s10 body). Which was a 1of1 prototype.

Guess I'll have to build my og issues after all. Sure ill buy a couple for parts, but it miss represents such a popular truck. 

I was really excited for this reissue but not now. ?

After comparing my instructions for both kits along with the sprues from a review of the Syclone kit, it does appear that unless they throw the stock parts into the kits they sell to the public, then you are probably right about it just being the Syclone kit with the S10 body parts. Sucks that none of the lowrider or custom parts will probably be found, nor any of the GMC parts.

On 9/3/2020 at 12:18 PM, Tom Geiger said:

B254A62B-E645-4771-839E-9C90A36D4DFE.jpeg.2e367ec6d1a1cd56159564a6fb7b75c6.jpeg

Cavie engine is very nicely done. It does sit sideways so you’d have to work out a transmission. I don’t know if it’s right for the pickup though.

Note that the Cavaliers haven’t been issued since the car was new but its an eternal $10 kit, easily obtained today.

Tangent to the topic at hand, but how did you do the leaves?

4 minutes ago, Jonathan said:

Tangent to the topic at hand, but how did you do the leaves?

They are actually leaves. Mine was probably by Woodland Scenics, but I don’t see it today. A like product... Go to eBay and search “green stuff world”, “leaf litter”. For less than $10 you’ll have a lifetime supply!

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, Jonathan said:

Does anyone know if this boxing will include any custom / option parts?

I'm assuming it won't. If Revell couldn't locate/include all of the stock parts, I'm guessing the Waverider-specific version's parts are lost forever, too.

I'm sure I have at least one set of the custom, transparent red tail light lenses if anyone needs them. I think the Waverider had a "smoothed" tailgate, too, didn't it?

15 hours ago, Casey said:

I'm assuming it won't. If Revell couldn't locate/include all of the stock parts, I'm guessing the Waverider-specific version's parts are lost forever, too.

I'm sure I have at least one set of the custom, transparent red tail light lenses if anyone needs them. I think the Waverider had a "smoothed" tailgate, too, didn't it?

That is a bummer.  I like the odd-ball skirts, etc. 

On 10/21/2020 at 2:56 PM, Casey said:

I was hoping to see the wave runner again someday...

• 2 weeks later...