Model Cars Magazine Forum

Big Tire Ford Thunderbolt Build Started

bykr

10 hours ago, bykr said:

Changing my view of this resin chassis after I started working on the front suspension. The upper control arms were cast way too high for some reason and were nowhere close to making contact with the spindle. I had to remove the front suspension and cut the A arms off and relocate them. Probably better to use a kit chassis and just add a tubbed backhalf section as I did on my previous build.

IMG_3832.JPG

Ouch! Well Tim I guess it's true that no good deed goes unpunished. Chalk this up to experience I suppose. Hope there won't be anymore surprises.

Glen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Been away working on a 1:1 hotrod . Getting some time to build lately. Needed to put another coat on the body but couldn't find more paint so I decided to strip and went with this ruby color that I like alot better. Added some interior and engine detail too.

IMG_4565.JPG

IMG_4566.JPG

On 6/6/2020 at 7:24 AM, Glen Powers said:

Tim, good to see your progress. That is a nice red you've gone with, bet your glad you didn't do the cage body color first time around.

Glen 

Yes I am!

• 3 weeks later...
21 hours ago, doorsovdoon said:

Nice job on the engine, wow! What colour is that you painted first? I love those 60's metallics. 

Boyd's Ice Blue ModelMaster

Edited by bykr
Correction