Model Cars Magazine Forum

source for corrected 'cuda AAR side stripe for new Revell kit?

On 11/3/2019 at 6:09 PM, tim boyd said:

Does anyone know of a vendor who is making a corrected side strobe stripe decal for the new Revell 'cuda AAR kit?  If so, please post info here or PM me....thanks a bunch....TIM   

Tim what is wrong with the Revell's stripe?  I haven't heard that.   

5 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Fred Cady did decals for '70 AAR, probably to fit the old MPC body. These might come closest to fitting the "new" Revell, if you can find a set. 

I dug out my Cady decals a few days ago and it looks to me like they were sized for the Monogram 124th scale bodies....maybe I need to check again!   TIM

9 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Try Ray's models he makes them in 1/25th scale  https://rayskits.com/decals/

He does sell decals for a lot of muscle cars.   I'm stil trying to get someone to get the side stripes for a 71-72 Mach1 or Boss 351 to look more like the real thing.  Not sure how long an order takes from the Netherlands to the USA.

3 hours ago, vamach1 said:

He does sell decals for a lot of muscle cars.   I'm stil trying to get someone to get the side stripes for a 71-72 Mach1 or Boss 351 to look more like the real thing.  Not sure how long an order takes from the Netherlands to the USA.

He shipped to Canada very fast when I ordered some decals last year !

• 3 months later...
On 11/11/2019 at 12:52 PM, Mr mopar said:

Try Ray's models he makes them in 1/25th scale  https://rayskits.com/decals/

Can't thank you enough for this recommendation.   

Today I applied Ray's corrected AAR  Stripes for the new Revell AAR 'cuda kit.  They worked perfectly, and they look great on the finished model.  

Ray's decal sets are exceptionally complete.   He also keeps in touch with updates during the order process.  

Given the specialized nature of these products, plus the expenses of overseas shipping to the States, ordering is not an inexpensive venture, but well worth it when a kit's decalized graphics are not fully accurate.  

Thanks again, Mr. Spencer and all who replied here.....and to Ray for an excellent product.   TIM 

13 hours ago, tim boyd said:

Can't thank you enough for this recommendation.   

Today I applied Ray's corrected AAR  Stripes for the new Revell AAR 'cuda kit.  They worked perfectly, and they look great on the finished model.  

Ray's decal sets are exceptionally complete.   He also keeps in touch with updates during the order process.  

Given the specialized nature of these products, plus the expenses of overseas shipping to the States, ordering is not an inexpensive venture, but well worth it when a kit's decalized graphics are not fully accurate.  

Thanks again, Mr. Spencer and all who replied here.....and to Ray for an excellent product.   TIM 

NP Tim just helping out where I can Thx!