Model Cars Magazine Forum

Monogram Hurst Hairy Olds

TonyW

On 11/4/2019 at 5:07 AM, TonyW said:

Here's my take on the Monogram Classic, the 1967 Hurst Hairy Oldsmobile.

Box stock, built from a recent re-issue kit. Rattle can gold, tape masked and rattle can black over that for the stripes. The decals went on well although they are a bit thin and prone to a wrinkle here and there if you don't watch out. The redlines were added with an art pen, not strictly authentic, but I like the look. The redline breaks up the great big sidewalls on the slicks rather nicely in my book.

IMG-9766.jpg

The base was made from a sheet of white card sprayed yellow. The lines are Tamiya masking tape and all the script and pictures were cut from the box the kit came in. It all folds flat for storage.

IMG-9767.jpg

A black background card was added after I took the picture above as I liked the contrast between the yellow and the black of the baseboard I used.

IMG-9954.jpg

IMG-9957.jpg

And last, but not least, a burnout prior to another Banzai run!

IMG-9965.jpg

The tire smoke is the stuffing from a cushion.

Tony.

great build and love the burnout. I have seen the recreation but did not take pictures. I can build mine without instructions but want the colors correct. I have Black and Gold but not sure about the other colors. And I will use your burnout material, my wife does not have a say with it on the shelf

4 hours ago, Ace-Garageguy said:

HEY THANKS MAN! I'm ready to build the kit. I just need 2 distributors wired and bend the exhaust, I use old electric cords (striped) for hoses, thinking large tube exhaust. In scale probably 3 inch. Again Thank You

• Like 1