Model Cars Magazine Forum

Finished Lil' Coffin

Fifer

I finally finished this kit and has been nearly 40 years since I built it the first time and the kit is no easier today that back then.

The fit of most parts is very bad and takes a lot of fitting and guesswork but in the end it is a pretty good looking model of a classic show car.

Thanks , Mike

DSCN4782.JPG.799ae233b374f5d180bb638679431ce6.JPGDSCN4781.JPG.957f6dcdf03c4ae1ecd95d465b9ea572.JPGDSCN4780.JPG.9624b21e5fb01645ac9fe7da585e3bd2.JPGDSCN4783.JPG.79d96b7091ee0d4d6fff05f597512694.JPG

30 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

I've never been a fan of this car but there's no denying that your workmanship and craftsmanship are outstanding. Well done and model on! B)

Thanks very much Richard. I had fun with it , for sure. I always kinda liked the look.

14 minutes ago, Eric Macleod said:

This has always been my all time favorite streetrod. You have done a very fine job, particularly considering how difficult this one is to assemble. Very nice.

It was certainly a chore and no easier than it was when I was a young man.

Mike

22 minutes ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very nice work on a wonky kit!   It's a wonder that any kid stuck with the hobby with the quality of kits in those days!  ?

LOL , for sure but kids were less critical than we tend to be today. In the model trains , I am happy when any kid gets involved.

Mike