Model Cars Magazine Forum

‘69 Dodge Charger R/T

Furiousgeorge

One of my favourite muscle cars, I have a few ‘69-69 Chargers and Daytona’s, but nearly all have 440’s, so I figured I needed a Hemi in the pack. It’s a little off stock, with the Mags and hood, but who could resist hot rodding a Charger, just a little bit?

Painted Tamiya Dark Blue (rattle can), the paint laid down amazing right from the can, so a little wet sanding and polishing really brought it to life! 

White interior and headliner (which I usually don’t bother painting), with foil where it’s needed.

The white tail stripe was a bit of a pain. It’s just a wee bit too long, so I had to cut it along the trunk panel lines and trim some out. 

The Hemi is plumbed and wired, with Fireball Modelworks Carter carbs (love his stuff!). 

The rims are from the ‘68 Dick Landy Charger (I think).

All in all, one of my better builds I think. Looks great sitting on the shelf anyways!

E519494A-D65B-47BC-ADBA-03C12D150290.jpeg

F7777E67-E097-41DF-99E5-170A3EE663B7.jpeg

876B1C3F-B12E-4010-963A-09CFEC713C96.jpeg

565973F3-2B16-4F74-912B-DF0F39EAF165.jpeg

D5EAD8EC-C44C-4352-920C-EDCA3534F1B1.jpeg

609AFE2B-F6AD-4EB9-A9A4-45A88AEBD1B5.jpeg

4EAAD80C-F83C-44B7-87FF-EA1CB2EFDA89.jpeg

Nice'n clean build, great engine detail! But where are the exhausts?

The problem with these dark blue colors  is that they mostly appear too dark on photos. Yours looks almost black.

I did a Mustang in TS-53 some months ago, it was almost the same then...

Edited by Tommy124

Thanks everyone!

Tommy124- Yes, the blue is very dark, and I don’t have a proper photo booth or anything, just a roll of paper taped to a shelf and my phone camera. 
There isn’t any exhaust, just open headers! What’s the point in driving a Charger if people can’t hear you coming?

That's a beautiful paint job. The side view is a real stunner as well, the Chargers lines just jump off the screen here.

The Fireball carbs look outstanding, I've yet to order any but I can see me getting a few in the future. I'm waiting for a Fireball Tire Decal order to get here, that will be my first try out of the companies products.

Tony.