Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
tiking

Highway of death

Recommended Posts

I have been trying out different techniques and diorama design styles for some time now. Been working out on the ‘Damaged scattered’ look, and car damaged look. Haven’t been able to decide on a possible diorama look but been working on variations(at least two). Figures will also be added later. Still needs a little bit more work. Who knows, I may just as well take another approach, as I almost do in my builds. We shall see.

 

highway_dio14-vi.jpg

highway_dio4c-vi.jpg

highway_dio4d-vi.jpg

highway_dio5-vi.jpg

highway_dio6-vi.jpg

highway_dio7-vi.jpg

highway_dio8-vi.jpg

highway_dio8a-vi.jpg

highway_dio9-vi.jpg

highway_dio10a-vi.jpg

highway_dio11-vi.jpg

highway_dio11a-vi.jpg

highway_dio15-vi.jpg

highway_dio15a-vi.jpg

highway_dio15b-vi.jpg

highway_dio15c-vi.jpg

highway_dio15e-vi.jpg

 

highway_dio15g-vi.jpg

highway_dio16-vi.jpg

highway_dio16b-vi.jpg

highway_dio16d-vi.jpg

highway_dio16f-vi.jpg

highway_dio16g-vi.jpg

highway_dio21-vi.jpg

highway_dio23-vi.jpg

highway_dio24-vi.jpg

Edited by tiking

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Totally impressed!  You spent a bunch of time and thought on this.  You better be good at figures too, otherwise could be a distraction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

Totally impressed!  You spent a bunch of time and thought on this.  You better be good at figures too, otherwise could be a distraction.

Well, that's another story altogether. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, QbanFam said:

Wow!!! Great artistic talent.

Thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's not to like? That looks stupendous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, SfanGoch said:

What's not to like? That looks stupendous.

My thanks. Glad you approve. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is awesome! So many things to look at, and so realistic! My imagination went to some strange places.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Amazing detail. You’re an expert at achieving a realistic finish representing burned out vehicles and damaged concrete. Wow!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

OUTSTANDING! Beautiful work!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, Charles..... you have produced a diorama of sheer brilliance here. There is so much fine detail to see, we have to keep coming back and taking another look.

From the second photo ( from the top ) I can see that vehicle is a LWB Mitsubishi Pajero or Shogun, and I recognise this as I own a SWB Pajero myself.

I am just blown away by this latest creation of yours !

David

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2019 at 1:25 AM, MeatMan said:

That is awesome! So many things to look at, and so realistic! My imagination went to some strange places.

HaHa! thanks. Strange places eh? Care to elaborate?

On 11/6/2019 at 3:04 AM, vincen47 said:

Amazing detail. You’re an expert at achieving a realistic finish representing burned out vehicles and damaged concrete. Wow!

Appreciate your confidence in me.

On 11/6/2019 at 4:27 AM, av405 said:

OUTSTANDING! Beautiful work!

Thank you kindly.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:32 AM, ChrisR said:

Awesome!

Much appreciated.

16 hours ago, Anglia105E said:

Well, Charles..... you have produced a diorama of sheer brilliance here. There is so much fine detail to see, we have to keep coming back and taking another look.

From the second photo ( from the top ) I can see that vehicle is a LWB Mitsubishi Pajero or Shogun, and I recognise this as I own a SWB Pajero myself.

I am just blown away by this latest creation of yours !

David

Hi David. Yep! Pajero is correct. I guess, they did not have the right to use the name on the box kit.

14 hours ago, DrKerry said:

Ummmmm, WOW!!!!

Thanks.

13 hours ago, Scalper said:

wow the fire damage looks super realistic 

Glad you approve.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fire damage is probably one of the most difficult effects to model convincingly. What you've achieved is spectacular!

I remember seeing a burned out truck on this forum some time back, a MAN if I remember correctly. 

Was that one also yours? 

David G.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, David G. said:

Fire damage is probably one of the most difficult effects to model convincingly. What you've achieved is spectacular!

I remember seeing a burned out truck on this forum some time back, a MAN if I remember correctly. 

Was that one also yours? 

David G.

Hi David. Thank you kindly. Yes. The MAN truck is mine as well. Glad you liked it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Wow. The realism on this is second to none.

Absolutely amazing.

 

Thank you. Glad you approve.. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting concept, like a Mad Max/apocalypse theme. Very nice work and great photos!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Shambles said:

Interesting concept, like a Mad Max/apocalypse theme. Very nice work and great photos!

Kind regards Shambles. Glad you liked the results. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...