Model Cars Magazine Forum

1966 American Coupe TypeC w/Blond Girls Figure by Hasegawa

89AKurt

So after ordering the previous issue from the Orient, sans lady, car in yellow plastic, lowrider version, they do this.
Just my luck.
But, what the heck, you should still order it. You get white plastic, a bikini babe resin figure, actual thin whitewalls on... something not quite Cadillac wheels. It is a crude kit that some say has JoHan roots. No engine, very promo like. Crude interior- the dashboard is literally a slab face, the raised edges of the instrumentation pods is represented by a decal, with lines. It (the decal) won't even be visible on a dark interior. You do get window plastic on all four sides- good if you want to try dark tinting. I personally wish it had a bench seat, instead has crude style buckets.

Edited by Jon Cole

49 minutes ago, Jon Cole said:

So after ordering the previous issue from the Orient, sans lady, car in yellow plastic, lowrider version, they do this.
Just my luck.
But, what the heck, you should still order it. You get white plastic, a bikini babe resin figure, actual thin whitewalls on... something not quite Cadillac wheels. It is a crude kit that some say has JoHan roots. No engine, very promo like. Crude interior- the dashboard is literally a slab face, the raised edges of the instrumentation pods is represented by a decal, with lines. It (the decal) won't even be visible on a dark interior. You do get window plastic on all four sides- good if you want to try dark tinting. I personally wish it had a bench seat, instead has crude style buckets.

All of the "1966" cars were based on, and then reverse engineered versions of U.S. kits made to be slot car bodies by a long defunct Japanese toy company. Somewhere along the lines the tooling wound up in Hasegawa's vaults about 30-35 years ago, and they decided to tool up some basic universal style chassis and interior bits for them and sell them as complete models.

When I put this on a shelf at the top of the room, you'll never even know if it has an interior at all...  not sure if I even care about the figure.  Wonder how much the figure will increase the price?  I'll wait for someone to open it before buying, then decide.

1 hour ago, randyc said:

When I put this on a shelf at the top of the room, you'll never even know if it has an interior at all...  not sure if I even care about the figure.  Wonder how much the figure will increase the price?  I'll wait for someone to open it before buying, then decide.

The resin figure raises the price $3.

Why do I have "Girls, Girls, Girls" suddenly booming in my head after looking at those kits.....................................

:lol:

On 11/6/2019 at 5:37 PM, gtx6970 said:

No where else can you get a cute bikini clad blond for $3 ,,,and ONLY $3

LOL

21 hours ago, Rodent said:

Bangkok?

21 hours ago, gtx6970 said:

Think even those are $5....and for long time.

I'm thinking of a joke here, but it's beyond inappropriate for a family site like this???

Edited by Joe Handley