Model Cars Magazine Forum

Next Up, Autocar A64B and Logging Trailer

Serendipity,  when I opened the tractor box, it seems that I had built the frame and engine a while back.  That saved some time.  Just had to add the logging trailer attachment points.

Assembled and painted the trailer components.  Since this is a logging truck and subject to rough service I'm not going for a show quality paint job on either trailer or tractor.

20191106_104029.jpg

8 hours ago, Joe Thomas said:

Where would I be able to find these wheels/tires?

AITM makes several sizes and tread patterns.  They are resin but turn out nice.  I used some on this Autocar mixer build:  https://pbase.com/baywing/autocar

Moluminum has real rubber tires, be sure to get the rims as well.  Orders take a while to fill.  Dave at AITM is great to deal with, drop him an e-mail telling him what you want to do and he will suggest something.  He has a few styles and sizes that aren't on his website. 

8 hours ago, Joe Thomas said:

tbill,

Thx for the heads up. I'll mock it up before finalizing.

Warren D, will check it out.

Just fyi, my A-Car mixer is the A64B chassis, stock.  The wheels/tires from AITM aren't on his website, you have to ask for them.  Wish I could remember what he calls them.

Clayton, yes, I think that's how the kit is designed.

Decided to use the stock wheels/tires.

Slight hiccup, the Uniroyals that came with the tractor have an inside diameter that is too large, the tires won't lock onto the dually rims but worked on the front rims.  Tried the Goodyears from the trailer and they fit the duallies.  The Uniroyals from the tractor fit the trailer rims, problem solved.