Model Cars Magazine Forum

My Latest Top Fuel Dragster Build

jlucky

Well it has been a while...but I'm still building stuff. Is it just me or the older I get the longer it takes? Those detail wires seem to be getting smaller and smaller all the time. And I'm not even going to start on the photo-etched stuff!

In any case - six months later here is Kenny Bernstein's Forever Red Final Tour dragster. Has the basic fuel lines and stuff...and...includes a resin front wing and oil puke tank from The Model Parts Box in Australia and plenty of other bits and pieces.  Also I decided to use the Pegasus front and real wheels and tires to get the right scale and size. Had to make serious modifications to the chassis and body to get that front wing in place but I think it all turned out not bad. 

IMG_4182.JPG

IMG_4184.JPG

IMG_4185.JPG

IMG_4186.JPG

IMG_4187.JPG

IMG_4189.JPG

IMG_4191.JPG

IMG_4194.JPG

Hey everyone...thanks for the kind words....yeah it's 1/25 scale...tough as it may be for "aging" modelers like me...I'm still addicted to the popular model building scale. Head's up I'm working on a 1941 Willys pick up drag car...

2 hours ago, mvadrag said:

I agree this dragster came out just right. Did you modify the body for the full width front wing, or is it available somewhere in resin?

Thanks man...I did have to modify the front of the chassis and the body. Both had to be shortened up ahead of the front wheels without affecting the wheelbase. So the chassis and body were both snipped a bit and then rebuilt. The Chassis needed a bit of bracing and the front wing mounting rod and the body had to be shorted up about 1/4-1/2 inch and new front axel slots carved out. 

There is a resin Top Fuel canopy body that I've seen on Ebay. It comes from Australia...not sure what they've done for the front wing though. I'll have to check.

2 hours ago, High octane said:

While I'm really a FED man, your dragster model you built came out awesome Jerry. A beautiful job and it shows the effort you put into it.

I'm with you...I have about twenty FED...built so far...that along with the 15 RED form my history of TFD from 1954 to the present day.

50 minutes ago, jlucky said:

There is a resin Top Fuel canopy body that I've seen on Ebay. It comes from Australia...not sure what they've done for the front wing though. I'll have to check.

I have that body and it have the old style split front wings, i bit strange as nobody use that configuration anymore.