Model Cars Magazine Forum

1970 Chevy Camaro Z/28

echoxrayniner

Tried to wrangle this kit into submission in anticipation of the full bumper Z/28 coming sometime next year, boy had I forgotten the issues that plague this kit - especially the mold quality, sweet mother of Mary was that a hatchet job. The hood was warped, the plastic clearly didn't reach the front near as well as the rest so it has these supremely recessed headlight trim rings and even across three layers of primer that friggin' traffic cone orange still bled through. But I persisted, didn't really feel like fully plumbing the engine bay though I did whip up some embossed Z/28 emblems, P.E. 350 emblems, applied some seat belts, custom license plates and some white letter tire decals. Left it pretty much box stock from there on out, though.

Oh and the stance is off and the tires stand angled because they didn't fit the axles and after simply gluing them on I kinda... gave up on correcting it.

1970camaroz28_2019-26.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-15.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-3.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-8.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-24.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-22.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-21.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-16.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-30.jpg

1970camaroz28_2019-2.jpg

21 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Looks nice. The hood is a problem. One being how it was connected to the sprue. And the plastic just felt soft. Not like the white plastic kits.

Yeah exactly! If it were molded like the Baldwin Motion Camaro at the back end of the hood rather than mostly alongside it, it would've been just fine, as well as the worst thin half translucent garbage plastic.

And thanks to y'all ❤️