Model Cars Magazine Forum

Anything New at Hobby Lobby?

2 hours ago, mikemodeler said:

If I buy up some kits at Ollie's or HL on clearance, it's because I will either use them for parts, build them or use them in trades but don't buy them in the hopes of doubling my money on eBay or at model show, not worth it.

Same here.  I've been selling on eBay since about 1999 and usually wouldn't even consider dumping Ollies/HL kits on there.  It costs too much in time and aggravation.  Every item I put on eBay has to be described, photographed, packed, weighed, measured and hauled to the Post Office.  I buy those cheap kits because I don't already have them or for parts.  The last Ollie's sale around here had a stack of the AMT/ERTL '66 Olds 442 hardtop.  A great parts source, and even better, it was the corrected hardtop kit with the W-30 air scoops in the right place.  I wish they'd had some of the '66 442 convertibles.  That kit has a nice air conditioning setup that the hardtop didn't.