Model Cars Magazine Forum

Can we see your model stash?

4 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

No. B)

Darn.  Keep the builds coming though.  I saw a J-Car on the top right.  I actually built one and recently got another one.  I have no idea why other than it was a good price and it's the only 1/2 clear body model I own.

IMG_5532.JPG

Edited by vamach1

47 minutes ago, vamach1 said:

Darn.  Keep the builds coming though.  I saw a J-Car on the top right.  I actually built one and recently got another one.  I have no idea why other than it was a good price and it's the only 1/2 clear body model I own.

Thanks , I always liked the J-Car and never built it so maybe some day.

Mike

1 hour ago, Fifer said:

OK

I agree with Snake. Not that I have anything to hide or be ashamed of. It's just that I would have to assemble my stash from five different areas and it would probably take a couple of hours to set up and put away.

1 hour ago, Rodent said:

I agree with Snake. Not that I have anything to hide or be ashamed of. It's just that I would have to assemble my stash from five different areas and it would probably take a couple of hours to set up and put away.

I am not trying to twist anyone's arm here. If you don't want to then don't and why post here at all?

Just ask'in

Mike

Edited by Fifer

24 minutes ago, John Pol said:

I would show my stash but I did that before and people your hounding me is that for sale  or that is for sale that is why I won`t do it again

I've actually sold some of the stash a few years ago, some i knew I'd never build, some i do regret selling, which is why I don't sell anything out of the stash anymore, please don't ask if any of them are for sale, there not !!

7 minutes ago, afx said:

This is only some of it. :D

You have more stuff than MOST hobby shops.  Nice.

And my "stash" is everywhere.   Under my desk at work, in two buildings at home and scattered about in them.   I divorced 5 years ago and still keep finding and re-finding stuff I forgot I have.

Edited by randyc

2 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I only have a few Cobra kits .

C771ED88-A809-4817-AFAE-9EABFAE3FE62.jpeg

Nice score on the Haseagawa issue of the Essex Wire Cobra.  Would like to find one of those.  What is the Daytona Coupe kit on the bottom next to the Lindberg?

Some of these stashes are impressive to say the least.

Now, I'm guilty of this too, so I'm not pointing any fingers at anyone, but...

What's the point?

I think a lot of us have more kits than we'll ever get around to building. I mean, there are a lot of people on this board in their 60s, and they have literally 100s of kits. The reality is, they won't all get built.

It's like those guys that have an old muscle car rotting away on their property, but they are adamant that they'll get it fixed up.

So why do we do it?

I have no rational explanation for why i collect as many kits as I do. I always buy with great expectations and plans, but then the kit goes in the pile.

46 minutes ago, afx said:

Nice score on the Haseagawa issue of the Essex Wire Cobra.  Would like to find one of those.  What is the Daytona Coupe kit on the bottom next to the Lindberg?

I was wondering about the coupe also.  I know there are many obscure Japanese kits of GT40's etc. so I'm guessing it's a motorized kit without an engine.  If I'm wrong and it's a full detail kit then I want one. ?