Model Cars Magazine Forum

U.F.O.s

Bronzekeg

I definitely think there is life outside of earth. The galaxy is so large, it is unknown in size. I cant fathom there not being life on other planets

With that said, I dont believe there are beings from another planet visiting earth. 

The global coverup required to hide that would be near impossible. especially in the world today where so many people want to be internet famous 

Not related. I also think that the us never had people  land on the moon. I think that was a government creation to help the us win the cold war. I think that if the us went to the moon, that we would have gone again and again.  The rovers and such, I do believe 

Edited by youpey

I always laugh when one of my favorite talk radio personalities reads a story about some bizarre or outrageous human behavior, and then adds, "See, this is why the aliens roll up their windows and lock their doors when they fly by Earth." :D

It really depends on what one considers time travel.  If one looks at it as people picking a time in the past or future and traveling there, that is likely impossible with what we know now.  However, it is a known that as an object approaches the speed of light that time slows down for that object.  Carl Sagan made the point on his Cosmos show that if an earthling could travel at speeds approaching the speed of light, that person could circumnavigate the known universe (at that time) and return to earth in several decades; however, the time elapsed on earth would be in the thousands of years.  One would certainly have to consider this time travel.

As far as life outside of our galaxy, I can believe it.  I do not believe that intelligent life has been visiting our planet.  To paraphrase Carl Sagan, our solar system and galaxy are in an uninteresting part of the universe.  There is nothing of interest here that would cause one from another area of the universe to look here and think that this is a place they have to explore.

1 hour ago, youpey said:

I definitely think there is life outside of earth. The galaxy is so large, it is unknown in size. I cant fathom there not being life on other planets

With that said, I dont believe there are beings from another planet visiting earth. 

The global coverup required to hide that would be near impossible. especially in the world today where so many people want to be internet famous 

Not related. I also think that the us never had people  land on the moon. I think that was a government creation to help the us win the cold war. I think that if the us went to the moon, that we would have gone again and again.  The rovers and such, I do believe 

We could easily go back to the moon.  I'm sure all the astronauts that went would disagree about them not going.  China seems interested in a manned mission but the reasons for going in the 70's and now are very different.  I hope I'm still alive when they are people crazy enough to sign up for a manned trip to Mars.  That seems crazy and there's not many logical reasons why anyone would risk a year long mission but I bet there would lots of people willing and able to go through the training just to be the first and perhaps only ones.  As for the Alien thing - they are just way too far away to realistically travel about space like in Star Trek.

Long time MUFON member here, and actually doing the studying and the work to become a field investigator. :)

I'm of the mindset that most of the encounters and incidents are of earthly origin; that the governments of the world do have tech that we are not privy to. Is any of it alien in origin? Unlikely, but one never knows.

I keep an open mind about it for sure.

27 minutes ago, cobraman said:

I just always figured if we are here, why can't there be life somewhere else ?

Statistically, when you look at how many millions of stars there are, and that each star has it's own set of planets, it would be pretty naive to think that this is the only one out of billions that has developed life.

56 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Long time MUFON member here, and actually doing the studying and the work to become a field investigator. :)

I'm of the mindset that most of the encounters and incidents are of earthly origin; that the governments of the world do have tech that we are not privy to. Is any of it alien in origin? Unlikely, but one never knows.

I keep an open mind about it for sure.

Here's one for you Dan. 

Back in the late summer of '96 or '97 I was riding home from work with a couple other guys and seen something very similar to the pic below. 

For some reason, I didn't bother saying anything to the other guys, just watched it for a few minuets out the truck window until it disappeared.

A couple years later I ran into Stanton Friedman  and told him the story. He didn't seem too interested at all. LOL

Related image

UFO's sure I believe they are around the earth. Just look at all of the ancient ruins that have built objects that are seen from the sky.  I made a comment at the Moon festival in Wapakoneta Ohio  one time as a joke to a point about the so called moon landing.  You should have seen the look the kid gave me about saying anything around there. The Neil Armstrong air and space museum is there. Nice small town to visit and the moon festival has a nice little car show.  

3 hours ago, Agent G said:

I Live in southern Nevada about 155 miles in a straight line from Area 51. I am convinced that if we knew what they were up to, we could explain about 90% of all UFO's.

It's that last 10% that keeps me looking up.  

G

Nothing but a top secret Air Force and CIA R&D facility to keep nosey people away.  While the whole Roswell story is interesting, so was the War of the Worlds radio broadcast.  As for ancient civilizations, thee's no reason why they could not have figured out how to fly something for a short duration like a hang glider.  If for no other reason all those things on the ground that you can see from the sky were meant for the gods.

I don't think we know enough to make any definitive statement one way or another about whether there's life out there.    I think it's a possibility, but there's always a chance the universe will surprise us.

However, I used to read a lot of the UFO literature back when I was younger, and I grew increasingly skeptical as all the human fingerprints all over the encounter stories became more and more apparent.  The ET's looked all like us, but not quite, like something from The Twilight Zone, and all their equipment was also like ours, but not quite.   Older accounts from the '50s had them coming from places like Mars, or Venus and later depictions would look suspicious like something from Star Trek.  Also, our own accounts between different cultures suggests that if ET did pay us a visit, there would be absolutely no doubt that it happened.

Now if you want to be really pedantic, then the are Unidentified Flying Objects, in the strictest sense there are things we can't identify for any number of reasons.  As for alien encounters, that's just our version of seeing elves, or angels.  

On 11/12/2019 at 9:23 AM, Agent G said:

I Live in southern Nevada about 155 miles in a straight line from Area 51. I am convinced that if we knew what they were up to, we could explain about 90% of all UFO's.

It's that last 10% that keeps me looking up.  

G

Agent G sir,  do you believe what happened in Roswell NM is true? That’s the one that I wonder about..

Roswell was a cover story for the real event in a different state.

The crash, the ufo announcement, the retraction, the eyewitness reports...all a cleaver ruse to keep people's attention away from an actual event.

There was a nuclear incident in Utah. A bombing test that went awry. How does the government avoid the publicity of that? Cover story.

:)

On 11/13/2019 at 7:39 AM, slusher said:

Agent G sir,  do you believe what happened in Roswell NM is true? That’s the one that I wonder about..

Of all of them, Roswell strikes me as being the incident most likely to be true in some fashion. This was the first time the government (the military) had to face a stark reality. It happened in a way that created the governments later response to all things deemed "secret". It has to be reviewed in the context of the time period. Immediately after WW II the US military (and government) was riding high on the wave of  the recent victory. Now comes something unexplainable and the USAAF decides to let the world in on a secret. Certain powers that held sway back then shut the press release down, making the staff at Roswell AAF look like cretins which they were decidedly not. Better humiliate one major and his staff than allow a secret to come out. All the while this is happening in Texas, aircraft are taking whatever it was, to Ohio. Wright Patterson AFB is the true location of all things secret and reportedly alien. Area 51 is a place of secret testing for terrestrial aircraft. The mystique that surrounds the place takes the attention off Wright Patt. 

G

I often watch the show ‘ancient aliens’, while I don’t go all in for a lot of it, it does get one to think.  One must also open your mind to ‘visitors’ when you look at ancient civilizations, and the sudden disappearance of some of them, the incredible construction of some of them, and the lack of documentation on how they were built. I’ll be the first to admit I’m an idiot, but it seems like whatever happened in or around Roswell led to a techno boom of sorts, seems a lot of ‘new’ tech came out shortly after.  I’d offer more of my opinions, but they run afoul of the message boards rules .

in short, keep an open mind, we are but a speck in the grand scheme, and humanity is but a newborn in the universe.....

47 minutes ago, tbill said:

I often watch the show ‘ancient aliens’, while I don’t go all in for a lot of it, it does get one to think.  One must also open your mind to ‘visitors’ when you look at ancient civilizations, and the sudden disappearance of some of them, the incredible construction of some of them, and the lack of documentation on how they were built.

Absolutely. Either we were visited long ago by beings much farther advanced than us, OR humans were at one time at a level of technology far beyond what we have now (at least in some ways) and then everything went to hell, everywhere, for some reason, and it's taken us thousands and thousands of years to rebuild. Does anyone else have a third possibility? :unsure:

Recent sightings of aliens indicate they no longer respect U.S. immigration policies. Found this at the National Archives:

Alien Files (A-Files)

The Immigration and Naturalization Service (INS) began issuing each alien an Alien Registration number in 1940, and on April 1, 1944, began using this number to create individual case files, called Alien Files or A-Files.

A-Files contain all records of any active case of an alien not yet naturalized as they passed through the United States immigration and inspection process. An A-File might also be created without any action taken by the alien, for example if INS initiated a law enforcement action against or involving the alien.

In a few instances there are files on aliens who registered between 1940 and 1944. These files document aliens who received an Alien Registration number and form prior to 1944, and had an A-File created due to the re-opening of the case after 1944. Files from other series, such as Visa Files, were withdrawn and placed in the A-Files when cases were reopened in instances such as the filing of applications to replace a document, obtain a border crossing card, or petition for an immigrant relative.

Ever since the Roswell Incident, these here Voltones have been nothing short of contumelious of our values. This insolent and snotty attitude resulted in the cancellation of "My Favorite Martian".

image.png.01c307960254a0ece65e0004ed9c535a.pngimage.png.d9a9990f87283f04079e949e0cc34355.png image.png.d637fc2e85e1b7457b4dc42f4670e5a5.png image.png.4f076def22fc36deaad17e4ad6782ab8.png