Model Cars Magazine Forum

Chip Foose personal FD-100

This is the Revell kit, built to represent the real truck.

Paint is Tamiya.

Holes from front metal axel were filled.

Coil overs were scratch built on all four corners. Fronts are not included in the kit. 

Engine was wired with Park's distributor, machined aluminum caps and scratch built fuel supply. 

Interior is flocked. Photoetched pedals and all the decals for the orange trim on the seats and doors was replaced with wire to replicate piping more fatefully. 

Hope you like it. 

Qck5Gf.jpg

EcXRdr.jpg

NxfFNj.jpg

y9UsHJ.jpg

iyqpqq.jpg

EB8aOL.jpg

p50Bi8.jpg

5icJ5x.jpg

2Skdgc.jpg

whGXfj.jpg

hyp9sT.jpg

iluttV.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Thank you all for the comments. This is actually a very nice kit. It comes together very well and some areas that look like under-engineered at first end up making a very convincing model. I personally thought the model had a Japanese feel to it. Much lime a Fujimi kit.
   The other thing about it is that it is a treasure chest of parts. Most on here would gladly pay for a set of aftermarket wheels and tires, pretty much same price that you can get this whole kit for at Hobby Lobby with a coupon.  

6 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Very nice work, one of my favorite kits. If you haven’t seen the episode of Overhauling where the team builds the truck, look it up! 

6 hours ago, ewetwo said:

Really beautiful.

Thank you both. Your comments are appreciated. 

22 hours ago, mrm said:

Thank you all for the comments. This is actually a very nice kit. It comes together very well and some areas that look like under-engineered at first end up making a very convincing model. I personally thought the model had a Japanese feel to it. Much lime a Fujimi kit.
   The other thing about it is that it is a treasure chest of parts. Most on here would gladly pay for a set of aftermarket wheels and tires, pretty much same price that you can get this whole kit for at Hobby Lobby with a coupon.  

That is why I have several of these kits- to steal parts from! I have used the 50% off coupon at Michael's to grab one and also the 40% off coupon at HL.

Nice work on this, that paint job is awesome!

13 minutes ago, mikemodeler said:

That is why I have several of these kits- to steal parts from! I have used the 50% off coupon at Michael's to grab one and also the 40% off coupon at HL.

That's what I do too.  I drive past Hobby Lobby all the time so I'll swing in and check for kits. If I see something I want, I use the magic coupon.  Last one was used on a second Porsche tractor for rat rod parts.  

mrm, this a masterpiece!!!! WOW!!! I was interested in this model but wanted to see if anyone did it. I’m not usually in the truck section but I’m glad i took a peek. Art Lastski did one for the NNL West. You and Art are perfectly done!!! And that paint!!!!!! Just outstanding!!!!! Bravo

I just had to look again and again at the pics of this truck. Several years ago a was elected to be a head judge at a IPMS event in the Bay Area. I would pick this truck as “ Best Automotive Subject” . It is that nice!! Great job. Just had to take another look at this beautiful truck. 

On 11/12/2019 at 2:42 PM, Tom Geiger said:

That's what I do too.  I drive past Hobby Lobby all the time so I'll swing in and check for kits. If I see something I want, I use the magic coupon.  Last one was used on a second Porsche tractor for rat rod parts.  

I have 8 of them for the very same reason!