Model Cars Magazine Forum

Cross Kit General Lee.....ish

mustang1989

Thanks Leroy, Vi Mar and Dann.

Ok fellas. Now I can move ahead with the rest of the build now that I've got this part out of the way. I may come up with another air cleaner out of the stash as I'm  feeling kind of "meh" about this one. But I'll call this completed.....for now.

Edited by mustang1989

On 12/3/2019 at 12:34 PM, mustang1989 said:

LOL!! No Vi not that one. I've seen replicas of these cars on the streets in the past and decided to build a General Lee like I would like to have it look in real life. Now you've got me wanting to search for that episode though. 

You mean this one!

General Lee engine.jpg

18 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Leroy, Vi Mar and Dann.

Ok fellas. Now I can move ahead with the rest of the build now that I've got this part out of the way. I may come up with another air cleaner out of the stash as I'm  feeling kind of "meh" about this one. But I'll call this completed.....for now.

Looks great to me!.....maybe it would feel better to you if the air cleaner had the bottom part added. I dont know what Revell finds so difficult about molding it on, but a disc of thin styrene will fix it.

16 minutes ago, Dann Tier said:

Looks great to me!.....maybe it would feel better to you if the air cleaner had the bottom part added. I dont know what Revell finds so difficult about molding it on, but a disc of thin styrene will fix it.

Thanks Dann. That might help some. I'll be checking into that. Revell actually did a really good job with this kit and I'd recommend it to anybody that wants to build  a Charger. Lots of good ideas and details. 

On 12/5/2019 at 3:51 PM, mustang1989 said:

Thanks Dann. That might help some. I'll be checking into that. Revell actually did a really good job with this kit and I'd recommend it to anybody that wants to build  a Charger. Lots of good ideas and details. 

It is a great kit!, in fact, i too have one that i'm using for my General Lee...only mine will be a curbside build.

On 12/6/2019 at 8:47 AM, JJ Deuce said:

man this is looking great!

Thanks JJ!!

On 12/8/2019 at 12:10 AM, Dann Tier said:

It is a great kit!, in fact, i too have one that i'm using for my General Lee...only mine will be a curbside build.

I'll be watching for that show Dann. Really looking forward to it.

Thanks fellas.

Ok folks.....being pretty much unhappy with the air cleaner that I had on the engine I searched high and low and found one more air cleaner in my stash that actually goes on a 440 and shot it with Molotow Chrome through an airbrush. This time the results were pure magic...……

This looks MUCH better to me....

2 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Just in getting it to look right/ like a real Charger.  The whole nose section of this thing is chrome so it's really going to be a bear painting all the black areas black and getting the emblems and all to look right.

Heck, bud......look at what you've done already!.....you got this!!

11 minutes ago, mustang1989 said:

Just in getting it to look right/ like a real Charger.  The whole nose section of this thing is chrome so it's really going to be a bear painting all the black areas black and getting the emblems and all to look right.

I did it... if I can, you'll knock it outta the park.