Model Cars Magazine Forum

CUMMINS NTA 370

Help!

I am currently working on the AMT Kenworth K123 kit and have been searching all over the internet for some decent photo's of the cummins NTA 370 engine but without much luck, I have found a couple but they don't show much detail of the plumbing and electrics etc, I have realized that there does not seem to be an oil filter with the kit but that is easily fixed, if anybody can post some photo's or point me in the right direction that would be great,  cheers all and happy hassle free modeling every one. 

Thanks for the info Pat, the diagrams and photos are just what I needed to do a little detailing on the engine, I found a few other photo's on the internet since I posted the message but the drawn diagrams you found will be the most useful I think, thanks again, cheers.   I will put some photos on the site later but at the moment its not really that interesting and I have now run out of glue until our next visit to Britain at xmas. 

Thanks for that extra info Leo, glad you posted that before I got any further with the engine, I wondered what the luberfiner did, I have only known oil filters attached to the engine block up to now, maybe it was the norm in the States, you live and learn as they say, and maybe some engine's had them over here in Europe as well, all the trucks I ever drove had the oil filters on the block, any way thanks again for the info and I will look up the other engine options as well, as you suggested.  

5 hours ago, CRUSADER2 said:

Thanks for that extra info Leo, glad you posted that before I got any further with the engine, I wondered what the luberfiner did, I have only known oil filters attached to the engine block up to now, maybe it was the norm in the States, you live and learn as they say, and maybe some engine's had them over here in Europe as well, all the trucks I ever drove had the oil filters on the block, any way thanks again for the info and I will look up the other engine options as well, as you suggested.  

No problem luberfiners were pretty much the norm till the mid 80s or so in the US.

Edited by lapazleo