Model Cars Magazine Forum
SCRWDRVR

Found, delete please.... Thanks All

I have an old edition of the 66 Riviera from AMT missing the factory rally wheels. I don't care what issue there from or what kit I just want those wheels

Kit I have and wheels I'm looking for  vvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

BuickRivieraGranSportHardtopvi-vi.jpg.9e97640d0cc8375c91ca03c5792b84cf.jpg

5c6b0d18a3689_buick_riviera_1548878082dff9f98764daIMG_0143-940x486.jpg.e3e244bc309bc0c22a0d746f3a327cf3.jpg

Edited by SCRWDRVR

Look for the Buick Modified Stocker kit. There is a set of those rims hiding on the small chrome tree. They look great to my eyes, anyways.

22 minutes ago, alexis said:

Look for the Buick Modified Stocker kit. There is a set of those rims hiding on the small chrome tree. They look great to my eyes, anyways.

Thanks for the info, I'll look for one. Is this the kit you are referring too....

image.png.106d2d008325329a1fccedef1af36976.png

IF those Skylark wheels are accurate, they aren't the same. 

The large ones with the "5 on 5" bolt pattern have a seamless front like on the Riv pic, the smaller ones with the "5 on 4-3/4" pattern have a seam around the rim same as a Magunum 500 wheel. 

Of corse, it might not matter to you. 

2 minutes ago, Can-Con said:

IF those Skylark wheels are accurate, they aren't the same. 

The large ones with the "5 on 5" bolt pattern have a seamless front like on the Riv pic, the smaller ones with the "5 on 4-3/4" pattern have a seam around the rim same as a Magunum 500 wheel. 

Of corse, it might not matter to you. 

I will probably use them if that's all I can find but good info to have....

That is the kit, I am referring to.  I just looked at mine. The rims look like the ones in the photo. they even have the deep depression in the center cap. They have Promo Sized large axle bosses on the back. The AMT '66 Wildcat kit, has a set of those wheels also. Might try there too.

I just checked all my other AMT Buick kits. That Stocker and the '66 seem to be the only ones with those Buick 5 spoke wheels.

10 hours ago, alexis said:

That is the kit, I am referring to.  I just looked at mine. The rims look like the ones in the photo. they even have the deep depression in the center cap. They have Promo Sized large axle bosses on the back. The AMT '66 Wildcat kit, has a set of those wheels also. Might try there too.

I just checked all my other AMT Buick kits. That Stocker and the '66 seem to be the only ones with those Buick 5 spoke wheels.

Awesome thanks for the info....

42 minutes ago, OldTrucker said:

What about the ones included in the 66 Buick Wildcat?

They would work from what he said they are the same wheel...

The ones that are the most accurate for your Riviera are in the original issue '69 Buick Wildcat kit; as far as I can find they are the only ones that have the right depth and the ribbed center caps (the ones in the '70 don't).

896337639_69wildcatwheel.jpg.1915d54c073ee613781bed40a428c361.jpg

Tough to find of course; might be a good candidate for resin casting.

10 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

The ones that are the most accurate for your Riviera are in the original issue '69 Buick Wildcat kit; as far as I can find they are the only ones that have the right depth and the ribbed center caps (the ones in the '70 don't).

896337639_69wildcatwheel.jpg.1915d54c073ee613781bed40a428c361.jpg

Tough to find of course; might be a good candidate for resin casting.

At this point I would be happy with any of them so I had some to put on it, then I could keep my eyes peeled for a set from the Wildcat. Never know I might come across some one day but I could at least build the kit in the mean time....