Model Cars Magazine Forum

Issue #206, Contest Issue, MAILED!!!

23 minutes ago, DRIPTROIT 71 said:

Mike there's a Hobby Town in Mooresville right off of 77. I'm not sure if they carry the magazine or not, but it may be worth a call. Probably not too far from you.

It's about an hour in good traffic, I'm lazy, I'll order it online if necessary. I've been to that store in the past, everything is MSRP and the staff seems more interested in R/C than anything else.

Perhaps the proposed 'stand alone' contest issue for February next year could be again utilised as a further subscriber copy rather than resources being diverted. If numerous subsequent  contest photos are already 'in the can' so to speak, it may help somewhat to catch up with the backlog with little editing involved?

Nothing here in Maryland yet.

Gregg...have you considered Amazon?  You could prolly send them a bunch of copies and let them fulfill it straight from Amazon (not sure how all of that works but I bought a bunch of back issues of Model Car Builder from them...hard copies that were fulfilled by Amazon Digital Services).

Just a thought

Edited by BDSchindler

My club used to regularly sent the photos from our annual model contest to Model Cars for years, even after the magazine went into what seemed like hibernation, but we finally gave up, and stopped sending our photos in few years back.  Scale Auto Contest Cars Annual is always more than happy to publish our photos (although last few years we had a problem with them giving proper credit to the photographer - me).  But the photos were published.

Hey Gregg, if you look through your archives, you might find lots of old unpublished model contest photos - you might consider publishing a "Retro Contest issue" with never before seen photos of some cool models. ;)

Edited by peteski

11 hours ago, BDSchindler said:

Nothing here in Maryland yet.

Gregg...have you considered Amazon?  You could prolly send them a bunch of copies and let them fulfill it straight from Amazon (not sure how all of that works but I bought a bunch of back issues of Model Car Builder from them...hard copies that were fulfilled by Amazon Digital Services).

Just a thought

I did contact them once, and it showed up in their "inventory", but I never heard anything back from them. That was many years ago, and left a sour taste in my mouth. They listed it with no further contact with me, no contracts, terms, etc. It was strange. I know that was a while ago, so maybe it will be better this time.

Thanks!

5 hours ago, Randy D said:

Gregg,

Number 206 has arrived in Ft. Collins Colorado :)

Randy

Thanks, Randy. I'll start sending out the dealer invoices now, hopefully they will get there by the time the mags get to dealers/shops.

On 11/15/2019 at 1:56 PM, Xingu said:

I believe Megahobby had the last issue for sale. You should be able to get this issue through them. They usually add it to their what's new email when they have it.

I sent a Facebook message to AAA Hobbies & Crafts (the retail store for Megahobby) asking if they have the issue in stock or would they be getting it in stock, the reply I received was "Sorry but we do not carry that publication".  Hopefully, that just means that AAA Hobbies doesn't/won't have this issue, but Megahobby will be selling it.  I also checked my LHS, Nicholas Smith Trains & Toys, which used to carry Model Cars, they currently don't have it.  

20 hours ago, Gregg said:

Seriously?

Yup!  I don't know how long you keep photo submissions from model clubs, but I know that we sent in photos for few years and they they never showed up in the contest issues (when was the last contest issue that was published before this one)?  The club in question is in my signature. We are, on the East Coast.

Anyways, I don't want to sound too sour - congrats on your accomplishment. I hope that this issue sells out, and that more will be on the way.

Edited by peteski