Model Cars Magazine Forum

Issue #206, Contest Issue, MAILED!!!

21 hours ago, Gregg said:

Something seriously went wrong with the printing of this.

Having worked on the GSL group image, I'd tend to concur that the problem was in the printing. While I realize that images always look different on a computer monitor compared to a printed page, the difference here is literally night and day.

I've attached a (reduced resolution) copy of the GSL group shot here for comparison, so you can get an idea of how it sorta should have looked. (Hope that's okay, Gregg.)

image.jpeg.aba9c681948dd17620893cbfa5654291.jpeg

Got mine last Friday the 22nd..

Canton Ohio area.

Only issue I have with the issue was some of the show pics look like they were taken in a cave at night. But there was a PSA on how to take good quality ones in the magazine so hopefully it won't happen again

Edited by ratdoggy

Yup, got mine today. Looks really good.

Says "last issue" on the wrapping, though I personally handed over $40 to Gregg and Jairus at GSL 2017 for a two year subscription. I certainly doubt two years is measured in time and not issues, right? I mean, a subscription is not one issue a year, right?

40 minutes ago, Lunajammer said:

Yup, got mine today. Looks really good.

Says "last issue" on the wrapping, though I personally handed over $40 to Gregg and Jairus at GSL 2017 for a two year subscription. I certainly doubt two years is measured in time and not issues, right? I mean, a subscription is not one issue a year, right?

Mike, email me. It should not say last issue on label. Send me a pic of label, if can. Please talk to me via emails.

On 11/29/2019 at 10:43 PM, Gregg said:

Mike, email me. It should not say last issue on label. Send me a pic of label, if can. Please talk to me via emails.

I owe Gregg a big apology for jumping to a wrong conclusion about my expiration issue which is 212, not 206. I misread the label about which issue we're on and was unnecessarily concerned. Big apology, that one's on me.

I haven't seen my subscription copy, nor did I see it at Hobbytown USA in Cincinnati when I was there over the weekend. At this point, I have to be honest - I've lost faith in the viability of this magazine. I'm also disappointed that it's been two years and when a new issue finally arrives, it's a contest issue. I guess time will tell, and I'll need that time to have my trust restored. 

found mine at the Hobby Shop in Dayton, I liked most of the photos except for the ones with the "Velvet Elvis" dark backround as a lot of detail was lost. 

on the GSL table photos, who did the 3-D print of the 70 Dodge pick up? where can we get one???

Edited by thatz4u