Model Cars Magazine Forum

FERRARI F40 Concept car (pocher 1/8)

mirage1980

4 hours ago, wisdonm said:

Very impressive scratching. How do you control the thickness of your cyan + bicarbonate parts?

with experience.
Practically put the glue and then dust over the bicarbonate forming a very strong dough that you can sand and shape.
Try it ...

I took a bit of Bugatti, a bit of Lamborghini and a little bit of mine, this is basically how it will be: the aluminum part will be in pyramid shape and will connect with the roof, while the 3 parts in glass plasticard, all openable.

339213d1569568606-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

339214d1569568606-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

339215d1569568606-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

his is the definitive shape to be finished of the bonnet with the 3 glasses that I will install when the model is completed.

339623d1570024348-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

339629d1570024348-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

339698d1570105065-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

339703d1570105065-ferrari-f40-pocher-1-8

I am watching this build with amazement at your techniques and precision.  I was not really sure what your vision was until you put some paint on it.  WOW, that is an impressive change.  Never been a great fan of the modern day Ferrari, so any change has to make them look better.

Absolutely mind blowing, Luca....... this is scale model car engineering at it's highest level........ precision, professional, quality, accurate and beautiful really. These 1:8 scale Pocher kits are wonderful pieces of automotive technology, and for someone like you to go one stage further and actually modify one of their model cars...... is marvellous, incredible, fantastic..... there you go, I have run out of BIG words  !!!

I must look through all of these photos of yours again, because I am sure I must have missed something from which I can learn.....

One question, Luca....... I see that you have a special tool, which looks like a steel bar, or a plastic bar with blue vertical pieces, and you were using this tool to check that a complicated shape of the car body was the same on both sides...... what is this tool called, please? Would it be something that we can order, or is this tool only available in Italy ?

David J. Watson  ( England )

imageproxy (1).jpg

imageproxy.jpg

44 minutes ago, Anglia105E said:

Thanks for the beautiful words, too good!?
The instrument can also be found on amazon, it is called a contour replicator.
This is the amazon.it link and it will surely be available in other amazon countries as well:
 https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B07PY2TFM5/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OMG - I never knew such a concept existed. I loved the F-40 before when I was a teen but this reiteration is something else. Absolutely beautiful and your make over is equally as impressive. I am in total awe of your workmanship. Can't wait to see more of this when you get back to it. What colour are you going to paint it in?