Model Cars Magazine Forum

2010 Dodge Charger SRT8 Super Bee

mrmike

The Story

Sitting in his new Charger Super Bee across the street from Belverde Guns and Firing Range, McNally watches the goings on.  He observes a BMW X3 being driven by Paul Dundy stop in front of the gun shop.  He gets out with a soft rifle case and walks into the gun shop.  Fifteen minutes later, Dundy walks out and get into his BMW and he drives away.  

McNally drives across the street and stops in font of the gun shop, gets out and goes inside.  He approaches the Service Counter and a man asks if he can help him.  McNally says that the slide on his SIG Sauer P227 is sticking and the serviceman looks at it, works the action several times and he finds nothing wrong with it.  McNally says okay and he is told to bring the gun back if it happens again.  McNally notices the AR 15 sitting on the on the counter behind him and asks about it.

The serviceman says that the owner wanted the rifle made full auto and the owner was told that they don't do that kind of work by law, just repairs and cleanings.  McNally thanks the serviceman for his time and he leaves the shop.  McNally gets into the Charger and leaves and he places a call to a friend at the ATF (Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms).

The Build  

I started back on the Charger Super Bee with some detail painting of the body and chassis using Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black.  I started adding the exhaust shields to the chassis.

More Charger to come...

SRT8SB28.JPG

SRT8SB29.JPG

SRT8SB30.JPG

The Story

After several minutes and phone menus, McNally finally reaches his friend Jesse Lee.  He asks if the ATF was still doing random checks of firing ranges and gun shops.  He is told yes and McNally asks if Belverde Gun Shop was due.  Jesse says yes and he puts McNally on hold to ask his supervisor about making a random check of the shop.  He comes back and asks if McNally was busy that afternoon.

With everyone dressed in armor and armed, the raid of Belverde Gun Shop and Firing Range goes forth.  With several agents examining files and records, Jesse and McNally check the repair shop and Dundy's AR 15 is found in the back room in the process of being made full auto.  The ATF closes the shop and arrest the owner, several employees and the repair technician. 

The Build

The chassis is complete minus the wheels and tires.  Next up is the interior.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB31.JPG

SRT8SB32.JPG

SRT8SB33.JPG

The Story

McNally follows Paul Dundy from his house to a pub in Charlestown where Dundy spends about an hour inside having some liquid encouragement.  Dundy comes out and gets into his BMW and he drives away with McNally not too far behind him.  He follows him to Dardenville St. where McNally lives and he watches Dundy drive down the street and stops by the side of the street near his house.  McNally parks his Charger Super Bee at the top of the street and he walks down the sidewalk to his house just as Dundy goes around the corner to the back of the house.  At the corner of the house, he peeks around the corner and watches Paul jimmy the lock on the back door and enters the house.

McNally pulls his SIG Sauer P227 from his shoulder holster and enters the house and switches on the kitchen lights.  "Freeze or I'll shoot!" and Dundy turns around holding a Israeli Arms Desert Eagle and he aims the big gun at McNally and McNally shoots him.  He runs over to Dundy and kicks the Desert Eagle away from him and feels for a pulse.  No pulse and he checks Dundy's neck and wrist for one.  He pulls out his cellphone and dial 9-1-1.

The Build

I have this part on the sprue without any number tag and I had wondered what it was or where it went.  The part number for the inlet on the hood is no. 184, but it is not listed on the part sprue.  I had concluded that it went to the Super Bee hood and was the air inlet.  This instruction sheet and part sprues is totally messed up!  Using some slow curing Super Glue, I added the grilles to the hollowed out front clip.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB34.JPG

SRT8SB35.JPG

SRT8SB36.JPG

The Story

Metro Emergency 9-1-1, what is your emergency?

My name is McNally at 152 Dardenville St. in Charlestown.  I just shot an intruder in my house.  Send Police and an ambulance!

Sir, Are you injuried?

No.  I am not.

Please stay on the line with me until the Police and ambulance have arrived.

The Build

I painted the rear bumper with Model Master Hemi Orange Lacquer.  Somehow, the side of the rear bumper didn't get eenough paint to cover it.  As usual, I forgot to paint the side mirrors.  Opps!

McNally will return...

SRT8SB37.JPG

SRT8SB38.JPG

SRT8SB39.JPG

The Story

Lt. Det. Adam Troy stops at McNally's house when he got the call of a shooting there.  As he steps around the deceased on the living room floor, he notes the Israeli Arms Desert Eagle lying on the floor near the sofa and he walks around to McNally's office just around the corner.  McNally looks up at Adam as he enters the office and the printer behind McNally is spitting out a couple of pages of a statement for Adam and then he procedes to tell Adam what had happened.  McNally's former client is now dead and he is still no closer to solving this case of who was shooting at him and why Dundy want to kill him.

The Build

I added the decals for the instrument panel and after they had dried, I used a bit of Tamiya X-22 Clear for lenses.  I fired up the paintbooth and painted the interior, seats and console.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB40.JPG

SRT8SB41.JPG

SRT8SB42.JPG

The Story

Almost a month has gone by as McNally has stopped by at the Law Office of Charlotte Rothmann, Esq.  Charlie's assistant Mandi lets him in to Charlie's office as she is sitting at her desk typing a closing argument on her computer.  He hand Charlie the background check on her client and he turns to walk out of her office.  Charlie says, "You're not going to say hi to me?  You mad at me about something?"  McNally replies, "I could say the same about you.  You have said anything to me in about a month."  Charlie gets up from her desk and goes over to the Boston PI and says, "I'm sorry.  I thought that maybe you were mad at me.  Maybe we have mixed signals or something here."  McNally says, "Since you got me out of that jam with the Judge, we haven't spoken to each other.  I'm sorry, too if I did anything wrong to you."  Charlie says, "We are good.  Now get outta here, I've got a lot of work to do."  Charlie hugs McNally and shoos him away as she sits back down at her desk and continues typing her closing argument. 

The Build

I have completed the interior, complete with some paint detailing.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB43.JPG

SRT8SB44.JPG

SRT8SB45.JPG

On 12/14/2019 at 9:23 AM, mrmike said:

The Story

McNally follows Paul Dundy from his house to a pub in Charlestown where Dundy spends about an hour inside having some liquid encouragement.  Dundy comes out and gets into his BMW and he drives away with McNally not too far behind him.  He follows him to Dardenville St. where McNally lives and he watches Dundy drive down the street and stops by the side of the street near his house.  McNally parks his Charger Super Bee at the top of the street and he walks down the sidewalk to his house just as Dundy goes around the corner to the back of the house.  At the corner of the house, he peeks around the corner and watches Paul jimmy the lock on the back door and enters the house.

McNally pulls his SIG Sauer P227 from his shoulder holster and enters the house and switches on the kitchen lights.  "Freeze or I'll shoot!" and Dundy turns around holding a Israeli Arms Desert Eagle and he aims the big gun at McNally and McNally shoots him.  He runs over to Dundy and kicks the Desert Eagle away from him and feels for a pulse.  No pulse and he checks Dundy's neck and wrist for one.  He pulls out his cellphone and dial 9-1-1.

The Build

I have this part on the sprue without any number tag and I had wondered what it was or where it went.  The part number for the inlet on the hood is no. 184, but it is not listed on the part sprue.  I had concluded that it went to the Super Bee hood and was the air inlet.  This instruction sheet and part sprues is totally messed up!  Using some slow curing Super Glue, I added the grilles to the hollowed out front clip.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB34.JPG

SRT8SB35.JPG

SRT8SB36.JPG

What did you use for the grill? Is this a photo etched kit for the charger specifically?

Thanks Steve!

Ron, I used a piece of P/E that I had gotten from a fellow Classic Plastic Model Club member.  He got the P/E from the Model Car Garage.

The Story

It's Adam's day off from work and he stops by McNally's house for lunch with the Boston PI.  They are sitting out on the back deck enjoying sandwiches and a beer when McNally hears the doorbell ring on the front door.  He looks through the slider to the open front door and he sees a cop standing there in a uniform that is not of the Boston Police Department.  Adam watches as McNally goes to the front door.  "I'm Sgt. Bricker of the Whelton Police.  Are you Mr. McNally?"  McNally calls Adam to the front door as Sgt. Bricker says for him to come outside as he has a warrant for McNally's arrest.  Adam ID's himself and asks to see the warrant, which Sgt. Bricker doesn't have on him and he wants McNally to step outside.  Adam tells Sgt. Bricker that he is not following procedure for an out-of-town arrest and he has no BPD backup.  Bricker goes for his sidearm and Adam goes for his Glock and McNally forces the screen door into the Whelton cop and tackles him on the front porch and he and Adam get the Whelton cop cuffed.  Adam calls for backup and McNally searches the cop finding a small unlicensed .22 pistol tucked in Bricker's boot.  This wasn't an arrest, it was an assassination attempt!

The Build

I went to apply the decals to the rear truck lid and noticed that the decal covers the entire lid, plus I tore the decal.  I looked the the box and and saw the correct blackout for the trunk lid which I reproduced with Tamiya Masking Tape and Tamiya XF-1 Flat Black paint.  I cut out the Charger and the SRT8 scripts from the Charger decal and applied them to the trunk lid along with a Dodge Ram decal from the decal sheet.  So far, there is no silvering around the decals which is a good thing.     

McNally will return...

SRT8SB46.JPG

SRT8SB47.JPG

SRT8SB48.JPG

Edited by mrmike

The Story

McNally is sitting in Lt. Det. Adam Troy's office finishing his statement on the arrest at his house of Whelton Police Sergeant Bricker when Chief Richard Alden walks to Adam's door and knocks on the door frame.  He asks about the arrest and tells of the possible implications this could have on relations between the two Departments.  The State District Attorney will want to know the facts of the case and there is the possibility of lawsuits from both sides.  The Chief is informed of the evidence found including the unregistered .22 caliber revolver that was found inside of Bricker's boot and the lack of a warrant for McNally's arrest.  The evidence points to an assassination attempt of the Boston PI.

Chief Alden asks how Lt. Troy just happened to be at McNally's house.  Adam cites that he was on his day off and he was invited to lunch at McNally's house.  He had two small pulls on a bottle of beer, lots of potato chips and celery and carrots before he started eating his sandwich.  He was far from being considered drunk or the least bit intoxicated and he will take a breathalyzer test if needed.  McNally and Troy are then informed that the Massachusetts State Police had arrested most of the Whelton Police Department with a couple of Whelton PD officers remaining on the job since they were cleared of any wrong doing.  But, the Police Chief is missing.

The Build

The decals have been applied and I will clearcoat the body the a day or two.  I have polished the rear deck spoiler and the side view mirrors.  The mirrors will need to be detailed with Tamiya X-18 Semi Gloss Black paint.

McNally will return...

SRT8SB49.JPG

SRT8SB50.JPG

SRT8SB51.JPG

Edited by mrmike

12 hours ago, mrmike said:

Thanks David!  Don't worry...when the build ends, the story will come to a conclusion as I have timed them that way.  And, I have plenty of stories and builds to go with them.

That's good to know. I enjoy both your builds and the stories. I since a pent up writer in there somewhere.