Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 1969 Camaro Z28 Scooby Doo Tribute.

Dragonhawk1066

Finished with my Scooby Doo tribute build for his 50th "birthday". Revell 1969 Camaro Z28 done in Testors Root Beer One Coat Lacquer and finished with Testors Wet Look Clear. Interior is done in Rustoleum Satin Canyon Black with some BMF on the door panels. I added plug wires on the engine for added detail there and used a Metallic Silver Sharpie on the molded in brake and fuel lines.

I did add a few more details on this one that I haven't done before. Thanks to some help on this forum I was able to make a pair of deep dish rims for the rear. I added valve stems on all four wheels thanks to Pat Cardinal from one of the Facebook model groups I'm in for that tutorial. I also added door lock knobs on the door panels using pretty much the same technique as the valve stems. You might not be able to tell in the pics, but I also drilled out the hidden headlight doors to show the headlights.

This one fought me a little bit even though I had no problems building the same kit last year. Most of the problems were self inflicted due to rushing the project. For some reason I kept repeating my mistakes and will chalk this one up to sometimes things just don't go your way.

I have to say that despite the self inflicted issues, I'm pretty happy with my Scooby Doo Tribute Car. Thanks for looking!

DSCN3823.JPG

DSCN3824.JPG

DSCN3826.JPG

DSCN3828.JPG

DSCN3831.JPG

DSCN3832.JPG

DSCN3788.JPG

DSCN3835.JPG

DSCN3839.JPG

Edited by Dragonhawk1066

7 hours ago, shoopdog said:

Turned out super nice! The Root Beer I think is the only color I haven't used in the One Coat line and now it looks like I'm going to have to pick one up.

7 hours ago, spencer1984 said:

Nicely done, the Camaro looks great in those colors. Like Keith, Root Beer is one I haven't gotten but I may have to rethink that after seeing this build.

4 hours ago, grodudulle77 said:

Very nice model !???

Thanks guys!

21 hours ago, ATHU said:

Super nice build!!

Thank you Anders!

18 hours ago, Snake45 said:

Very nice looking! Well done and model on! B)

Thanks Snake!

16 hours ago, crazyjim said:

My favorite year Camaro and my favorite paint - SHINY ???

Thanks Jim!

16 hours ago, Classicgas said:

I see. Cool.

??

On 11/19/2019 at 5:15 AM, ChrisR said:

Looks great!

On 11/20/2019 at 2:56 PM, olschoolkid said:

Cool Camaro. 

4 hours ago, Jim N said:

Great job!  The colors look really cool.

4 hours ago, LouO said:

Very nice build! Good color choice!

Thanks guys, much appreciated.