Model Cars Magazine Forum

KW W900 Day cab

I have never been a fan of Snap-Together models, but after doing this one, I may have to do a few more of these trucks. It was so nice to be able to put it together and take it apart without any glue. This made mock ups easy. 

So, this is a truck that will be used in a future project where the trailer will be the main focus. I will be scratch building a Fruit Straddle trailer. They are used a lot around here to haul boxes of fruit to the processing plants.

This started out as a W900 Aerodyne sleeper cab. It was all molded as one part, so I had to cut the cab from the sleeper and make a new back panel to convert it to a day cab. The wheels and tires that come in these kits are junk, so I used some rear wheels and tires from my junk box to give it more of a working farm truck look. Leaving the chrome fronts still gives it the little dress up that some farmer do without the full Bling that it came with. A little matte clear on the fronts toned them down to have the aluminum look. I did not get into any extra details, just let it mostly box stock as I want the focus to be on the trailer I make later. But for now it looks ok and I am satisfied with it.  

IMG_0522.jpg

IMG_0523.jpg

IMG_0524.jpg

IMG_0525.jpg

IMG_0526.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...