Model Cars Magazine Forum

White Freightliner started

This tractor will be a “what if” fleet unit. Not sure if the company I am replicating ever used White Freightliner’s. Hoping the Winter weather from time to time will cooperate for painting. However she will hopefully be done sometime in the Spring.

Edited by JerseeJerry55

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/25/2020 at 6:36 PM, JerseeJerry55 said:

Dash and interior mostly done. 

855574B0-5376-40D0-956F-8C204DFA00E4.jpeg

35987E75-78E2-44F7-8F46-4D7C781C4073.jpeg

Obviously I need to redo the Red, White, and Yellow knobs. Maybe the gauges as well. I've been thinking about maybe turning the currently contructed cab as the SD and then doing the dual drive with the sleeper. If thats the case I will need to source all the parts I have used for the original idea. Front interior bucket, small interior piece by peep window, steering and axle pieces. Fuel tanks. Steering wheel. All Glass except the rear windows. Also stacks, and stack support. Engine, transmission, and aircleaner pieces. Also spoked "Wagon wheels", and tires. Hobby Lobby here I come?

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, Bills72sj said:

How are you progressing?

Stopped short. I had put this project as well as my BROB ‘20 Pete 359 on the back burner in favor of the LNT8000 dump truck. Or as I like to call it “The shiny new toy in the room syndrome”. However the Freightliner will resume this weekend. The lack of warmth in the Southern NJ area is a total bummer. However I will effort onwards. Thanks for asking. BTW how are your projects coming along?

20 hours ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Stopped short. I had put this project as well as my BROB ‘20 Pete 359 on the back burner in favor of the LNT8000 dump truck. Or as I like to call it “The shiny new toy in the room syndrome”. However the Freightliner will resume this weekend. The lack of warmth in the Southern NJ area is a total bummer. However I will effort onwards. Thanks for asking. BTW how are your projects coming along?

I puttied and lightly sanded the top seam last night. No cratering or non smoothness in that area. Rivets look relatively unaffected. I will do the same with the seam where it curves downward on the sides of the cab behind the doors. My question is after that’s done should I reprime to make sure all looks good?

6 hours ago, Vince66 said:

I would to be sure just in case.

What with all the trouble you've gone to.

Just my centavo 

Thanks. But hold on now change in plans. I kind of messed up the rear portion with my feeble attempt to putty. This is what she looks like now. Have an idea what I want to do now. Based on this picture and my memories of the Allied Van Lines tractor from 45 years ago as it pertains to the original AMT WFL SD box.

8A7E83DA-A22D-4EF0-AFD8-C3FAEBB38372.jpeg

DF0412AD-09D6-4308-B38B-221BA13915EC.jpeg

87A60326-96D3-4A94-B78F-ED131070A967.jpeg

F28AE066-C6E0-4D94-980E-FA48ECE3D9B5.jpeg

Edited by JerseeJerry55

1 hour ago, JerseeJerry55 said:

Thanks. But hold on now change in plans. I kind of messed up the rear portion with my feeble attempt to putty. This is what she looks like now. Have an idea what I want to do now. Based on this picture and my memories of the Allied Van Lines tractor from 45 years ago as it pertains to the original AMT WFL SD box.

8A7E83DA-A22D-4EF0-AFD8-C3FAEBB38372.jpeg

DF0412AD-09D6-4308-B38B-221BA13915EC.jpeg

87A60326-96D3-4A94-B78F-ED131070A967.jpeg

F28AE066-C6E0-4D94-980E-FA48ECE3D9B5.jpeg

Jerry be very careful when you put the interior in that cab it's a very tight fit and may brake out the back of the cab ,just a heads up ! I personally hate this model the cab is goofy I really wish Round 2 would do a new style cab from 1978-80 just .

48 minutes ago, Mr mopar said:

Jerry be very careful when you put the interior in that cab it's a very tight fit and may brake out the back of the cab ,just a heads up ! I personally hate this model the cab is goofy I really wish Round 2 would do a new style cab from 1978-80 just .

Doug

Hi hope all is well. I am aware of the issues it presents. I was able to sand it down so I get the proper fit. Unfortunately AMT had to go the 3 piece route for cost effectiveness back in the day.