Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell 2020

Luc Janssens

40 minutes ago, DPNM said:

I would REALLY like to see this reissued! It's only been kitted once to my knowledge and the prices for it are way out of my budget.  ScaleMates shows this kit as 1/12. IIRC it is 1/8th.

Revell, the Knucklehead again Please.

Yes! I'm not much into the bigger scale kits but I'd buy one of those for sure if it was reissued.

Other than that I'm staying with the 1/24 or 1/25 scale, the bigger scale kits take way too much space and I don't have any parts for kitbashing or detailing them. So I should buy bunch of stuff in order to build one detailed big scale kit, even though I usually scratchbuild some of the details myself...

21 hours ago, DPNM said:

I would REALLY like to see this reissued! It's only been kitted once to my knowledge and the prices for it are way out of my budget.  ScaleMates shows this kit as 1/12. IIRC it is 1/8th.

Revell, the Knucklehead again Please.

lachop.jpg

Jim it had been out two times .....and the way you can tell is first run is in a flat box and it's molded in red orange color the second run is in a bigger box and molded in dark metallic red , but still the same bike !

4 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

Jim it had been out two times .....and the way you can tell is first run is in a flat box and it's molded in red orange color the second run is in a bigger box and molded in dark metallic red , but still the same bike !

That you for the clarification of the reissue. They are still out of my price range.

Guys here's the rest of the announcement for 2020

Ziviles

Hersteller Best.Nr. Beschreibung Maßstab Datum Bemerkung
Revell 07657 Mercedes-Benz 300 SL 12 07/2020  
Revell 05682 Audi R10 TDI + 3D Puzzle (Le Mans Racetrack) 24 09/2020 Set
Revell 07670 BMW i8 24 06/2020 Variante
Revell 07668 Jaguar E-Type Coupé 24 10/2020 Neue Form
Revell 05681 Porsche Set: Porsche 918 Spyder + Porsche Panamera Turbo 24 07/2020 Set
Revell 07673 VW Golf GTI "Builders Choice" 24 09/2020  
Revell 07674 VW T1 Camper 24 09/2020 Variante
Revell 07667 VW T2 Bus 24 10/2020 easy click
Revell 07669 AC Cobra 289 25   Kooperation
Revell 06403 Rallye Pick-up (Nissan Pick-up) 32 08/2020 Build & Play
Revell 06402 Rallye SUV (BMW X5 X-raid) 32 08/2020 Build & Play
Revell 07654 Kenworth T900 & Trailer "Motörhead" 32 08/2020 Set

Full list here: http://ipmsdeutschland.de/FirstLook/Hersteller_News/Revell_News_2020.html

7 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Most likely this one..

423-academy-minicraft-1-25-ac-289-cobra-

Yes I was thinking about this kit which is actually based on the AMT kit under the body which more closely resembles a 427. A number of years ago I created a FIA 289 by grafting AMT 289 body bits onto the Academy body to get the wide fenders and side vents.

Bet that 1/12 scale 300SL is the old Renwal hot mess.

The box art on that Cobra makes it look more accurate than it is.  The kit body hasn't got those flares.

With the XK-E being 1/24 scale new tooling, I wonder if the Aurora and Revell 1/25 tools didn't get dumped off to Atlantis...

33 minutes ago, Luc Janssens said:

Most likely this one..

423-academy-minicraft-1-25-ac-289-cobra-

If it is a re-issue of this kit it is intended to represent a 427 body.  At the end of the Shelby contract AC Cars had left over 427 bodies but did not have the expensive 427 engines. 

They decide to install the small block 289 and sell them as "AC 289"

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/LF16/London/lots/r161-1967-ac-289-sports-cobra/384101

008-vi

Edited by afx

1 hour ago, gasman said:

a type 2 VW bus, I may be wrong but could that be a new tool? ,I know Welly did a diecast one in 1:24 scale, 

They have several releases of Type 2 VWs in panel van and Sambas, but none of those are SnapTite  (aka Easy Click).

1 hour ago, gasman said:

The T1 bus is different then the T2 bus

T1

7204838002_8cddf4e50c_b.jpg

T2

Volkswagen_T2_Buses_and_Coaches_283daa8f

Ahh I missed the generation designation, since all vans are colloquially "Type 2"s. In that case that is a whole new tooling. That also makes me wonder if that T1 "Camper" isn't one of the kits that Ebbro was involved with...

7 hours ago, Mark said:

Bet that 1/12 scale 300SL is the old Renwal hot mess.

Hmm ok so that kit is that bad? I have wanted to buy the old Revell reissue for awhile but if it is no good then I will skip it.

Edited by dbostream

3 hours ago, niteowl7710 said:

Ahh I missed the generation designation, since all vans are colloquially "Type 2"s. In that case that is a whole new tooling. That also makes me wonder if that T1 "Camper" isn't one of the kits that Ebbro was involved with...

I really hope its a type 2 (baywindow) and not a typo. I want a full detail version but snap will at least give the body and glass and everything else is pretty much available. I'd use the hasegawa chassis though since its better than the revell one for detailing. The porsche set sounds cool too

8 hours ago, afx said:

If it is a re-issue of this kit it is intended to represent a 427 body.  At the end of the Shelby contract AC Cars had left over 427 bodies but did not have the expensive 427 engines. 

They decide to install the small block 289 and sell them as "AC 289"

https://rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/LF16/London/lots/r161-1967-ac-289-sports-cobra/384101

008-vi

The AC 289 had a coil spring chassis. The Academy kit has original 289 Cobra transverse spring chassis with a 427 body so represents a car that I believe never existed.

I have the original Sunny kit and I always thought this car more represented an FIA car and NOT an actual 427. Not a bad kit at all, just not a proper 427 as we have known and seen it.

008vi-vi.jpg

1 hour ago, dbostream said:

Hmm ok so that kit is that bad? I have wanted to buy the old Revell reissue for awhile but if it is no good then I will skip it.

Better to stay away from that one unless you want to do some body corrections. That body to me always appeared a bit "thick" especially in the door frame area as those A pillars are waaaaay too heavy looking to my eyes. There's other aspects about it that don't seem right compared to the 1:1. It reminds me of Revell's reboxing of the 275 GTB Ferrari which is also way out of proportion. I just can't think of who the original manufacturer of that kit was at the moment.

Edit: I just thought of the maker as soon as I hit the send key. Renwal? They never did a correction of that kit and every time I see that beautiful 1:1 car on the box art, I immediately know that what's inside will be woefully disappointing. :(

Edited by MrObsessive

• Xingu locked this topic