Model Cars Magazine Forum

ClearlyScale update *

A friend of Jeremy has just posted an update on the ClearlyScale Build page on facebook. Jeremy is still in very rough shape following his major heart surgery near 2 years ago, and has suffered a stroke earlier on this year. So his fight isnt over yet, but he is slowly recovering.

I know allot of people are waiting and people start to think they are just being ripped off , due to so many other casters going MIA and taking their money. I can say with extreme confidence that when Jeremy is back to health he will take care of long outstanding orders.

All I know is what was posted as I havent talked to Jeremy myself in almost 8 Months.

Screenshot_20191116-172216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191116-172308_Samsung Internet.jpg

45 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Great to hear he's on the mend.

I've emailed him a couple of times, but hadn't heard a response. 

I have a bunch of his product. VW Rabbit/GTI bits, seats, and a pile of stuff to put into a Hurst Olds.

Quality is perfect.

Same, I'm fairly local ( like 7 hours ) so I generally bought the first of each engine etc. To try out. The quality is second to  none. I hope he makes a good recovery and gets back to it, as he has lots of great ideas and some serious skill.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2019 at 3:33 PM, mademan said:

A friend of Jeremy has just posted an update on the ClearlyScale Build page on facebook. Jeremy is still in very rough shape following his major heart surgery near 2 years ago, and has suffered a stroke earlier on this year. So his fight isnt over yet, but he is slowly recovering.

I know allot of people are waiting and people start to think they are just being ripped off , due to so many other casters going MIA and taking their money. I can say with extreme confidence that when Jeremy is back to health he will take care of long outstanding orders.

All I know is what was posted as I havent talked to Jeremy myself in almost 8 Months.

Screenshot_20191116-172216_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20191116-172308_Samsung Internet.jpg

Actually everybody switched to the 3D engines hes gonna have to work hard to catch up 

Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.  I had a order pending and was issued a refund.  I would place an order again once he is back in business but he has more important things on his mind so waiting six more months would not be any big deal in the grand scheme of things.

15 hours ago, vamach1 said:

Glad to hear he is on the road to recovery.  I had a order pending and was issued a refund.  I would place an order again once he is back in business but he has more important things on his mind so waiting six more months would not be any big deal in the grand scheme of things.

Once his friend is able to get to his storage, the orders that are outstanding and not refunded as of yet will get shipped out. There is a box of orders that were packed and ready to send out when he wound up in the hospital. All of his belongings and everything were packed and put into a storage unit. Once those are out, the remainder of the stock will be cleared out from what I understand. Jeremy is very motivated to get better, but it is a long road to recovery, he expressed to me that he really wants to continue on with his current product and planned projects. I will stand behind him 100% he is honest and has nothing but good intentions.

Edited by mademan

4 minutes ago, mademan said:

Once his friend is able to get to his storage, the orders that are outstanding and not refunded as of yet will get shipped out. There is a box of orders that were packed and ready to send out when he wound up in the hospital. All of his belongings and everything were packed and put into a storage unit. Once those are out, the remainder of the stock will be cleared out from what I understand. Jeremy is very motivated to get better, but it is a long road to recovery, he expressed to me that he really wants to continue on with his current product and planned projects. I will stand behind him 100% he is honest and has nothing but good intentions.

if there are any of the vw 16 valve engines left in stock I would be very happy to take them off his hands. I have loads of projects I can use them in

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/10/2019 at 11:46 AM, mademan said:

Nickolas is the owner of STL Printables.... they work together.

What the...no I’m not. It may be another Nick. 

I’m just hoping his recovery goes well. I don’t think he will be casting while at a loved one’s house, so anyone hoping for him to restart the business will have an indefinite wait. 

I try not to dwell on it, since it’s all outside my control. 

Nick 

Edited by zak78
Adding thoughts

• 3 years later...

I met up with Jeremy in March of last year. 

Can't get too into it, but Clearly Scale is 100% closed and will not be coming back.

He's gone MIA since I last saw him with no responses to texts or emails, and haven't had any sort of updates from anyone on how he's doing, including from his sister.

• Sad 2

10 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Can't get too into it, but Clearly Scale is 100% closed and will not be coming back.

He's gone MIA since I last saw him with no responses to texts or emails, and haven't had any sort of updates from anyone on how he's doing, including from his sister.

Sad to hear.

• Sad 1

I had an order pending when he closed. The PayPal dispute deadline came and went.

While on a call with Bank of America several months later about another matter, I mentioned this situation. They listened and gave me a full refund immediately.

Maybe this will help someone else.

John

• Like 1

16 hours ago, iamsuperdan said:

Hope he is doing well. Sounds like he went through a very tough time. Very sad. His parts were amazing. A big loss for the modeling community.

• Like 1