Model Cars Magazine Forum

Mag wheels in kits

Trying to ID mag wheels in old kits . 64 Buick Wildcat has a set of Formula five wheels , 66 Vette conv. has a set of Cal Roadrunners and the 65 Corvair has a set of G.M.X. wheels . Are they real wheels and who made them. Been looking at old 60s mags with no luck . I did ID lots of old wheels that were in kits . google is not my friend - no luck thanks Jack

16 minutes ago, Jack L said:

Trying to ID mag wheels in old kits . 64 Buick Wildcat has a set of Formula five wheels

Buick Formula Five wheels are what most refer to as Buick Rally wheels, like so:

BuickFF.jpg.7b820c7f7ae358675a7df2fe7bf3548a.jpg

Not sure who made the wheels for GM, but Motor Wheel Corp or similar seems reasonable. I bet if you poke around on some Buick forums you would find the answer.

Like Casey says,  the "Formula Five" wheels in the '64 Buick are actually the Buick rallye wheels. New for that year.  This is the only time I've ever heard them referred to as that.  The proper  Buick term for them is "styled steel road wheel".

Edited by Can-Con