Model Cars Magazine Forum

Revell Porsche Junior tractor

Next on the bench, Revell's Porsche Junior tractor, although this is a snap tite kit, it will be glued together, mainly because there's join lines where there shouldn't be, so once the glue dries the joints will be filled and sanded smooth before paint, some chrome parts that shouldn't be chrome have been stripped of the chrome, the chrome trim that goes in the centre of the bonnet will be fitted before gluing the bonnet halves together, again to get rid of the joint down the middle that shouldn't be there, it will covered in BMF after it's been painted

20191117_133047.jpg

20191117_133717.jpg

20191117_133121.jpg

These are fun kits!  When I stripped the chrome from the exhaust, somehow I managed to break/lose half of it. So I fabricated a vertical exhaust, from a 1/35 scale tank muffler, an HO scale locomotive "chimney" and some perforated metal for a shield.

Dsc_0065.jpg

6 hours ago, Mike999 said:

These are fun kits!  When I stripped the chrome from the exhaust, somehow I managed to break/lose half of it. So I fabricated a vertical exhaust, from a 1/35 scale tank muffler, an HO scale locomotive "chimney" and some perforated metal for a shield.

Dsc_0065.jpg

There's a lot of small fragile parts on this model, I nearly had the opportunity problem with the exhaust, just bent it slightly,but managed to get it back without breaking anything. 

• 8 months later...

How has it been since November last year since I've touched this one  ??

As I'm waiting for supplies to arrive to carry on with the 57 Chevy Bel Air,  I found this one in a box while tidying up in the hobby room,  managed to get some time today to get all the parts ready for primer and top coat before the weekend. 

FB_IMG_1596660219591.jpg

Just now, GeeBee said:

I've got a few other tractor models to build, Revell's Deutz and Heller's little grey Fergie, and the French Ferguson FF-30

me too (but i have 4 of the double set and 3 of the single cos I want to build all the ones I did the body restorations on), there also a 70s fergie also by heller. My only fergie I've done so far I turned in a 35 like my grandads one thats still in the family. My uncle is a farm engineer and owns over 200 old tractors, not because hes rich but because he lets farmers pay for work with old machinery

11 hours ago, stitchdup said:

me too (but i have 4 of the double set and 3 of the single cos I want to build all the ones I did the body restorations on), there also a 70s fergie also by heller. My only fergie I've done so far I turned in a 35 like my grandads one thats still in the family. My uncle is a farm engineer and owns over 200 old tractors, not because hes rich but because he lets farmers pay for work with old machinery

At one time I wouldn't know one tractor from another, but a few years ago I was the Midlands correspondent for the Classic car weekly magazine, part of the job was attended classic car and transport shows around the Midlands area, taking photos and interviewing owners of classic cars, at a lot of the shows there was usually a good selection of classic trucks and tractors, in the end I pretty knew every type of tractor out there.

• 1 month later...

Just over a month since I've touched this one, time to start gluing pieces together, although it's designed as a snap together model, i decided from the outset that I would be glueing it together, mainly to get rid of any mold lines that shouldn't be there, the bonnet being the main one

20200815_174100.jpg

20200815_174111.jpg

20200815_174050.jpg

20200815_173952.jpg

20200815_173922.jpg

On 9/13/2020 at 12:51 PM, GeeBee said:

Not a great deal to do to this one now, mind you, there's only 76 parts in the kit, the only parts i polished were the wheel arches and the bonnet, i wasn't trying to get a mirror finish, as that's not the way they were.

True, unless they're over-restored.  I found this Porsche Jr. at Jalopnik.  It belonged to the same German family from new and was usually stored in a barn.  The Fraulein on the Porsche is the great-grand-daughter of the original owner. Here's the article:

https://jalopnik.com/i-finally-got-to-drive-a-real-porsche-1797161520

jal-14.jpg

Edited by Mike999
goof

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Slightly (completely) off topic - I like your red toolbox with the drawers in!  

I've got two of them, one holding paints and glues and smaller tools, the other one holding larger tools, they were left over stock when I used to own and run my slot racing business called GeeBee Slotshop,  I also had shares in a slotracing track which sadly closed a few years ago,  I sold the business back in 2006.

You can still buy them today, but there not cheap, but like everything made in Switzerland. 

https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/poly-butler-swiss-made-abs-toolbox-938081253