Model Cars Magazine Forum

Is there somebody casting a Volvo engine for...

P & B Models from Poland had a Volvo D12D engine and gearbox in resin but I don't know if the status of the company or if it's still in production.
https://www.facebook.com/pracowniapandb/
Otherwise one could rob the engine and trans from the recent Italeri Volvo FH4 wich has current versions of the D13 and gearbox wich should work for the VN truck.

Edited by Force

The only engine options for the present 2017-forward VNL series seems to be the Volvo D11, D13 and Cummins X15 from the factory.
But under the life span of the VN series wich first came 1996 the engine options has been Caterpillar 3406 E, Cummins N14, ISX15, Signature 600, Detroit Diesel Series 60 and the Volvo D11, D12, D13 and D16, I don't know what engine options were available wich year as the option list has changed.
The Cummins N14, ISX15/Signature 600 are available and the latest Cat 3406 E looks pretty much like the newer C15 wich also is available, all done in resin from aftermarket casters, the Detroit Series 60 is available in the Italeri Peterbilt kits.
The Italeri Volvo VN 780 kit is a 2004-2016 so depending on year you can choose from any of them. 
But if you want a Volvo engine your only options are the M&G Mouldings D12C or the D13 from the latest Italeri Volvo FH4 as I think the P&B engine is out of production and all other Volvo engines available in truck kits are too old.

Edited by Force

On ‎11‎/‎24‎/‎2019 at 8:00 PM, Force said:

The only engine options for the present 2017-forward VNL series seems to be the Volvo D11, D13 and Cummins X15 from the factory.
But under the life span of the VN series wich first came 1996 the engine options has been Caterpillar 3406 E, Cummins N14, ISX15, Signature 600, Detroit Diesel Series 60 and the Volvo D11, D12, D13 and D16, I don't know what engine options were available wich year as the option list has changed.
The Cummins N14, ISX15/Signature 600 are available and the latest Cat 3406 E looks pretty much like the newer C15 wich also is available, all done in resin from aftermarket casters, the Detroit Series 60 is available in the Italeri Peterbilt kits.
The Italeri Volvo VN 780 kit is a 2004-2016 so depending on year you can choose from any of them. 
But if you want a Volvo engine your only options are the M&G Mouldings D12C or the D13 from the latest Italeri Volvo FH4 as I think the P&B engine is out of production and all other Volvo engines available in truck kits are too old.

Thx Force that's good info I have 3 of the A&N Cummins  x-15 engines , may have to rob that D13 from that italeri kit .

On 11/30/2019 at 8:30 PM, vincen47 said:

Gary Wallace of GW Trucks makes a nice resin cab conversion. Email  gwtrucks@yahoo.com for a list and pricing of resin parts, and to place an order.

I knew I had seen it somewhere. I don't think I have his price list anymore. I will email him for another one.

Thanks