Model Cars Magazine Forum
Atmobil

Anybody making a 1:24 squarebody long bed?

I got several of the old Monogram 1:24 squarebody kits (all of them in more recent Revell issues):

I could have wanted to make a long bed and since I have several I think I should be able to make a long bed by using two kits.

But is there anyone out there that offer a resin long bed already?

The only long beds I have seen offered are for the 1:25 scale kits, unfortunately. I did start making my own for this kit, however. Should get back to that one of these days.

Thank you☺️ then I know that I have to make my own. I did find another thread here that shows the measurement so I can follow that. It should not be a difficult conversion.

image.png.0b7b81aa0c4fc338a292a2135ec3cec2.png

This is from Scale Auto and Terry Jessee. It's for 1/25 but I believe it's the piece mentioned.

I believe it scales up to 5.5" at the rear and 14" up front.

Edited by Tom Geiger

Yes, that is the one that I found. Found it in this thread:

On 11/24/2019 at 10:49 PM, R.J said:

http://www.madmodeling.com/Item/chevylongbed             found this I know nothing about it though.

Thank you for the link. That does however look like it is meant for the MPC 1:25 kit. It will go on my "to buy" list as I got several of those kits aswell.

On 11/24/2019 at 4:49 PM, R.J said:

http://www.madmodeling.com/Item/chevylongbed             found this I know nothing about it though.

This resin conversion was mastered by Brian Croft and it is a beautiful piece. Kris Morgan is casting them and they run $15 plus shipping and I have a couple set aside for future builds. I have not tried one on the Revell kit to see how well it may fit, but would hazard a guess it will be off due to scale differences.

These are for the 1/25 AMT kits, they'll be very small on the Monogram kit. Terry's in instructions are correct though and will net you a long bed.