Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm a fan of trucks but...

If I was a billionaire, I'd be like Elon Musk.

Just doing things, not giving a crap about what others think.

"Hey, here's my bonkers truck. I'll sell every one I build. i threw a brick through the window during the launch. Bah, whatev. Now excuse me, I need to go do some space things now."

https://www.tesla.com/en_ca/cybertruck

Oh, we're not the target demographic, that's for sure. It's for all the Tesla-ites who drank the Kool-Aid and think Musk can do no wrong and if an auto reviewer says the least little thing against the car, they call them old and stupid and how dare they etc, etc, etc. After seeing this thing, I'm definitely cheering for Rivian.

49 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

Give it a chance, maybe it will be a decent vehicle.  Maybe we're not the target demographic.

Check the performance figures on their website. 

If it truly does what they say it does, then it's a hgihly capable beast.

Too bad it looks the way it does.

i have a theory. Elon has always stated his belief that companies need to do their part to help clean up the earth. Climate, environment, whatever. i think this is his way of bring an electric truck to market in a very short amount of time, in order to force the other brands to get their trucks to market, lest they lose market share. Styling is as simple as it gets, and there are no curves, so it should be quick to produce. And with pricing starting at $40k US, that puts it right in line with the F150 or Silverado 1500. With more capability. i think there are enough people that will not care about the looks, and will buy it purely for performance, or for the wow factor. Either way, the other brands see their share drop a little, which is a big deal for them.

Hmm...

43 minutes ago, peter31a said:

Oh, we're not the target demographic, that's for sure. It's for all the Tesla-ites who drank the Kool-Aid and think Musk can do no wrong and if an auto reviewer says the least little thing against the car, they call them old and stupid and how dare they etc, etc, etc. After seeing this thing, I'm definitely cheering for Rivian.

I am angling to get a Rivian here at work. Have been in talks. :)

2 hours ago, Brian Austin said:

Give it a chance, maybe it will be a decent vehicle.  Maybe we're not the target demographic.

Under that bizarre body, I think you're right, maybe another game changer.....................to bad it looks like the designer got into Willie's secret stash before putting pen to paper.....................

I hate to say it,  but ‘we’ are long in the tooth , so to speak. Most of us are from the age of cars that had personality, curves, chrome , flowing lines, and downright pleasing to the eye designs,  the ‘new’ generation treats the automobile as an appliance, they could care less how it looks, as long as it gets from A to B and has cell phone connectivity........., sad but true.....