Model Cars Magazine Forum

I'm a fan of trucks but...

A former member of my model club loved his Aztec.  It was dependable.  Others have said so as well.

So you have those who hate them, but weren't in the market for them anyway, and those who actually owned one, and loved it.  I suspect this may happen with the Cybertruck as well.

People complain that all cars today look alike, and then complain when something breaks way from conventional design practices.

45 minutes ago, Brian Austin said:

A former member of my model club loved his Aztec.  It was dependable.  Others have said so as well.

So you have those who hate them, but weren't in the market for them anyway, and those who actually owned one, and loved it.  I suspect this may happen with the Cybertruck as well.

People complain that all cars today look alike, and then complain when something breaks way from conventional design practices.

My mother in law owned an Aztec.

She thought it was great.

Everyone else in the family realized it was a piece of junk because we were in charge of maintaining it!

Love is blind!! <_<

Steve

I just finished reading (laughing) through all of these great comments.  I was thinking how cool it would be to park my El Camino at a Tesla dealer next to one of these beasts to see how many crazy offers I would get to buy it.  Then I remembered that Tesla doesn't have any dealers! ?

14 minutes ago, Motor City said:

I just finished reading (laughing) through all of these great comments.  I was thinking how cool it would be to park my El Camino at a Tesla dealer next to one of these beasts to see how many crazy offers I would get to buy it.  Then I remembered that Tesla doesn't have any dealers! ?

Then explain why we've been making showroom stuff for them.

21 minutes ago, Classicgas said:

Then explain why we've been making showroom stuff for them.

Isn't it correct that they do not have conventional dealerships?  By that I mean with a service department.  My understanding is they have storefronts in malls, but repairs are serviced by Ford trucks that will come to your home or business.

11 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Looks like he was into John DeLoren's old papers to create this. 

11 hours ago, Snake45 said:

His old papers, or his old stash....B)

9 hours ago, 1930fordpickup said:

Yes, LOL 

The latter would be more likely with that roofline:huh:

10 hours ago, Jon Cole said:

Ugly? I don't know what any of you are talking about.

ELON MUSK GETTING STONED.jpg

That was my first thought when I saw the pics of that truck.........followed by I hope this is an elaborate prank, then "Somebody needs to put him on "Howard Hughes Watch" before he completely looses his mind!"

7 hours ago, Hotrod 97 said:

Not sure why, but it in a way reminds me of the Tumbler car from the Batman: The Dark Knight trilogy...

36ac89d0d88a06cae718afa0dfef815b.thumb.jpg.74467f667bae1d49581a39a1b8071076.jpg

The Tumbler Batmobile has a pretty cool story behind it's design, Nolan's scale prototype is a kit bash of car, truck, and plane model kits with R/C parts thrown in for good measure!

Edited by Joe Handley

My friend stopped by yesterday after work and told me all about this "truck" and how great it is. He went on for about an hour about all it does and how he's buying one, he even put a down payment on it and showed me the order #. After all his the praise about the "truck" he said he really didn't like the look of it too much. I said "let's see this great machine"  and when he showed me the pictures on his phone, I just laughed at first until he convinced me it wasn't a joke. Then I went on for an hour telling him how awful that thing looks. He left still loving it ( I still think he's high or nuts) and he said when he goes for the test drive I'm going with him and that will change my mind. NO WAY!, but we'll see.

1 hour ago, Motor City said:

Isn't it correct that they do not have conventional dealerships?  By that I mean with a service department.  My understanding is they have storefronts in malls, but repairs are serviced by Ford trucks that will come to your home or business.

True now, but a few locations did have service departments. The one that used to be at 11th & K St NW in DC did have a service department with a lift at one point. The service department was closed a year or two before they moved to 9th & H NW in DC's Chinatown. They had a bare Roadster rolling chassis with the dual motors in the showroom that was pretty cool.

One kinda has to wonder about producing something with the aerodynamic characteristics of a brick, when electric vehicles NEED good aero to maximize range as much as possible.

I guess the target demographic is ultra hip urban adventurers who don't really go anywhere or actually do anything that doesn't require an app...and who live in the narcissistic "look at MEEEEEEE" social media universe.

Whatever.

When we saw it on TV and in the press today, we thought it was just a promo joke! Well that's one we won't be buying here in the UK. Interesting to note though that he's hoping to build a very big factory in Germany, soon to produce his vehicles!