Model Cars Magazine Forum

1971 Sublime Green HEMI 'Cuda

Bills72sj

This model I am very proud of. I absolutely love the Sub-Lime green paint. It says MOPAR, all the way. The rims are from the kit but I used the 5-holers, intended for the rear, on the front. I widened the rear rims by sanding out the centers of a set of ConvoPros and adding them to the original front rims to make them deep dish. I actually had to narrow the rear tires slightly to get them to fit in the quarter panels. What I like the most is I nailed the stance perfectly.

The grille was meticulously hand painted and this is the second model I have ever BMF’d. I tried using the black, Hemi “billboard” decals from the kit which are correct for 1971, but I did not like them the minute they were laid. Instead I had Keith Marks make me up a set of 1/24th 1970 “hockey stick” stripes which I think looks a whole lot better. The interior was painted semi-gloss by spraying Testors Glosscoat over Testors flat black. I duplicates the texture and sheen of vinyl.

When the head lights were installed, they looked like binoculars. I ended up setting back a tad to get them to look correct. If I ever win the lottery, I would buy a real one.

1334969255_71HemiCudaA.jpg.b4b0b7c4a87c95b8c4eabf9a22fb3dac.jpg

'71 Hemi 'Cuda B.jpg

A.M.T. 2 RF high.jpg

rear-vi.jpg

DSCF0260-vi.jpg

2 minutes ago, iamsuperdan said:

Yuu've never seen that before?!

That's a Revell kit.

First came out in the 80s, then there was a reissue (mid-2010s I think)

815691342_revellatt.JPG.97430cc513fe540b5e1dce3d461f6508.JPG

Rumour is it's being reissued next year.

:)

Cool!... How's about the tractor????? ?

7 minutes ago, Deuces said:

Cool!... How's about the tractor????? ?

Go check the truck under glass!

Two current threads on this kit.

I just finished one, and the OP just posted this one!

It's an AMT kit. Kenworth T600A. Mine is the T600A Canepa, very similar to this one. :)

EDIt: I just noticed. OP's trailer is not the one I posted. It's an older AMT kit. THe background pic in his pics IS of the one I posted. 

1 minute ago, iamsuperdan said:

Go check the truck under glass!

Two current threads on this kit.

I just finished one, and the OP just posted this one!

It's an AMT kit. Kenworth T600A. Mine is the T600A Canepa, very similar to this one. :)

EDIt: I just noticed. OP's trailer is not the one I posted. It's an older AMT kit. THe background pic in his pics IS of the one I posted. 

Thanks!.... ??

43 minutes ago, tmb727 said:

Great looking model.  Yes, perfect stance and color choice.  Love that transporter pic!  I think I also see a GSX and either a Daytona or Superbird.  Add in the Cuda and that's a lot of money riding on the back of that truck...

Above is the link to the AMT transporter rig.