Model Cars Magazine Forum

Started this kit a while back, and finally have a little progress to post.  I felt like the truck sits too high out of the box so I wanted to lower it.  I modified the spindles to drop it about 2 scale inches, and cut a coil out of the springs on the trailing arms.  Last night I assembled the chsssis, and this morning I mocked it up to see if I'd gotten the results I wanted.  It sits just about how I had envisioned, but I'm still not sure on tire choices.  

IMG_0192.PNG

IMG_0193.PNG

IMG_0194.PNG

Good start. I'm finally getting back into the same kit. I like it better now than when it originally was released.  

I like the look of the Chevy steel wheels, updates it the right amount of years. The stance is great, maybe a bit more in the front, or a larger tire to fill the wheelwell?

Looking forward to your progress JJ! Cheers Misha

I'm watching for your impressions on this kit.

I will be starting one soon with Rookie Resin's GMC conversion bits and a long bed.

18 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

I'm watching for your impressions on this kit.

I will be starting one soon with Rookie Resin's GMC conversion bits and a long bed.

I was pleasantly surprised with it.  I probably wouldn’t have purchased it if not for the go-kart.  I like the detailed chassis since I was able to lower it like I would a real truck.  

16 hours ago, JJ Deuce said:

I was pleasantly surprised with it.  I probably wouldn’t have purchased it if not for the go-kart.  I like the detailed chassis since I was able to lower it like I would a real truck.  

I bought a couple earlier releases for the Chevy six cylinder engines.  I would've bought more for the go-karts but someone on Facebook sold me two of them for $10 plus shipping.