Model Cars Magazine Forum

Securing diorama stuff to the base

Shambles

I'm working on a new garage diorama but every time I bump the table the least, everything falls over. What do yall recommend for securing the figures and other stuff to the base? I don't want it to be permanent and thought maybe something like silly putty or hot wax. Any suggestions?

IMG_4884.jpg

Edited by Shambles
change photo

Many choices of two sided tape in crafts stores.  Saw a version that's small dots in a dispenser. 

If you wanted to get really creative you could drill small holes in the bottoms of figures and install micro magnets and have sections of your floor thin sheet metal, steel of course, painted or overlayed to achieve the look you want.

13 hours ago, Flat32 said:

If you wanted to get really creative you could drill small holes in the bottoms of figures and install micro magnets and have sections of your floor thin sheet metal, steel of course, painted or overlayed to achieve the look you want.

Good idea!  A lot of the elements in the Diversified Scalerz diorama are set on top of magnets.