Model Cars Magazine Forum

1960 Starliner (aka Stream-Liner)

RadRidesByDan

Started with the 60 Starliner by AMT, grafted the roof from the Chezoom kit, the motor from the 32 ford pheaton, custom dual exhaust, the air cleaner was made from star wars X-wing fighter parts parts, wheels from a Maistro diecast VW, and the chassis has had a face lift with tubing to re-inforce, and painted with PPG Teal metallic.

60Starliner.jpg

60Starliner1.jpg

60Starliner2.jpg

60Starliner3.jpg

60Starliner4.jpg

60Starliner5.jpg

Edited by RadRidesByDan

:unsure: Ok Dan, Now slow down dammit! I'm jus gettin over the last one an now you hit me with this! It beautiful, the lines really flow well! Funny how that ol Chezoom kit roof looks good on anything else you put it on!Looks like another winner kiddo!! As usual I'm likein it mucho!!!Great job!!! :D:DB)

Dan, gotta tell ya, If Robert Mc Namara had been running something besides Ford Motor company, we could have actuall yboght such a galaxy, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo we gotta put up with this clown as a supposed leader within the Pentagon during the Viet Nam war too! Meanwhile , what a beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!

Ed Shaver :unsure:

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciated

As for teh roof I was reluctant at first to put it on...... i thought it was to low of a roof line and the window too laid back.....but it came together quite to my liking.

Anyhow thanks again for teh great words

And George....hang tight.....Ill try to hit ya again ........soon :unsure:

That car looks great…I think the Chezoom roof would make even the Pontiac Aztec (world’s ugliest vehicle) look good so on the 60 Ford, it’s a natural.

Does anyone know if a reparable resin caster makes a copy of that roof? My son found some for me by some guy just learning to cast, but the quality was so poor that I need to rebuild them with styrene support on the inside and lot’s of putty on the outside.

Very clean custom…nice work, Oh yeah, the color works well on it too. The only question I have is the lack of chrome trim on the Ford hood logo and the "name" on the front fender, in fact, I think they could have both been shaved, but that's no big deal.

:( Ok Dan, Now slow down dammit! I'm jus gettin over the last one an now you hit me with this! It beautiful, the lines really flow well! Funny how that ol Chezoom kit roof looks good on anything else you put it on!Looks like another winner kiddo!! As usual I'm likein it mucho!!!Great job!!! :lol:B);)

Like taking the words right out of my Mind.

Oooouch.

That will be said about all your builds.

Another awesome build.

The top just Flows into it like it was meant to be there.

The paint, the chrome, the body work.

Awesome job..