Model Cars Magazine Forum

Trailer suspension

Need some expertise which is why I love this site. Can anyone tell me if this kind of suspension (Hutchens) is available in 1/25 in any kit form? 

hutch.jpg

From my research so far the only two kits that I can find that may be able to replicate this is the old AMT Wilson Livestock trailer kit;

aightdecklivestockpainted82118-vi.jpg

the AMT Tandem vans also looks to be accurate but being singles i would need to join two together and go from there;

ta.jpg

Would there be any more kits that would have this suspension or more appealing - any resin/printed ones available?

Thanks in advance;

Chris

Edited by CharlieBravo

12 hours ago, Warren D said:

Take a look at the MPC gravel trailer, seems pretty close.  You'll have to cut it down from a triaxle but they actually have instructions to make a 2 axle dolly form the parts included in the kit.  Pic of the dolly in this thread: 

thanks Warren, that's not it but I have confirmed the correct suspension I need is out of the AMT Livestock Trailer kit!

4 hours ago, gotnitro? said:

Looks like sam I am had what you seek , but was going to suggest kit form services in the UK , Harold has the suspension also

Isn't most of the KFS stuff 1/24?   I wonder if Auslowe has it?  OP is down under, might be easier to get it in country.

7 hours ago, Force said:

I believe the AMT Moving Van/Race Transporter has this suspension too.
But it doesn't look to be that hard to modify the AMT Fruehauf suspension to look more like this one.

This is what I love about this site, thanks for this info also.

Sam I Am has kindly found one in his stash he is happy to part with. the AMT Livestock Trailer is not too badly priced at the moment so that is also another option if I get stuck.

Just fyi for anyone interested - with small mods to this suspension it will make a very accurate representation of what is on the 'BJ and the Bear' Brown Co. reefer trailer.

Chris B.

Edited by CharlieBravo