Model Cars Magazine Forum

AMT Competition Parts Pack T

Dave Mikrut

I noticed that the instructions for this model made reference to the frame that comes with the AMT Double Dragster kit for the Fiat. I had an old one floating around in my parts boxes so on a whim I thought I'd see if I could clean it up and maybe turn it into something. All the parts used to build this model are from old AMT and Revell kits.

amtT15.jpg

amtT16.jpg

amtT17.jpg

amtT18.jpg

amtT19.jpg

amtT20.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The body is from the newest AMT Competition Parts Pack. On the friday night before the Toledo NNL I sprayed the tonneau cover black in my motel room. Here's a foto of it, I think it shows better. The frame is from the old AMT Double Dragster kit Fiat Chassis which by the way, is lookin like its coming out again along with the Double T kit ! WOO HOO!!! The instructions in the AMT Competition Parts Pack suggest this frame to be used and I happened to have a restorable one in my junkyard.

100_0262.jpg

A T-roadster, blown on a short wheel base... what more could you want! The Moon signage is a great touch too. What kits are the body and wheels from?

• 5 years later...
  • 6 months later...